onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

season tickets 20/21

geoff1

Hoping to renew mine and the lads at the end of the month,imo I think fans in some form will be allowed in whenever the season starts as it cant be allowed to go on forever plus they wont want clubs going bust left right and centre BUT a decision will need to be made soon so the clubs know where they stand as a lot have suspended ticket sales.

Many probably don't agree with me but personally I don't see the difference now in letting thousands protest side by side around the country and fans sitting in a stadium(yes we know the risks but as I said it cant go on forever),I noticed Coventry fans were also out celebrating in the streets yesterday

Advert

43 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Hoping to renew mine and the lads at the end of the month,imo I think fans in some form will be allowed in whenever the season starts as it cant be allowed to go on forever plus they wont want clubs going bust left right and centre BUT a decision will need to be made soon so the clubs know where they stand as a lot have suspended ticket sales.

Many probably don't agree with me but personally I don't see the difference now in letting thousands protest side by side around the country and fans sitting in a stadium(yes we know the risks but as I said it cant go on forever),I noticed Coventry fans were also out celebrating in the streets yesterday

Agree with this, i think wait a couple of weeks to see if there’s a second spike caused by mass protesters ignoring social distancing rules, if there isn’t one, I think a lot of restrictions will be relaxed, if there is, we could be back to square 1.

I'm also tending to think that we might be able to get a few thousand back inside the ground, including social distancing. Spread them around the 4 areas and it would seem possible.

The difficult bit is separating them at tea bars, toilets, car parks, club shop, etc. but if people are very careful I can see it happening as long as this virus continues to diminish.

But we've got to get new cases right down to a bare minimum. Otherwise, with crowds of a few thousand it could spread like wildfire. That said, I'm more hopeful now than I was a month ago.

Can't wait!

On 10/06/2020 at 18:43, werstayinup said:

The difference  is  in allowing people to sit together in a stadium and  being powerless to prevent people crowding together in public spaces such as beaches and streets once stay at home is relaxed. Whether as already mentioned people could be spaced out in Vale Park who knows?  R  will be the decider.

Me and the missus have just renewed our season tickets. we have also confirmed to the Club we do not require refunds for the last 5 games not played. The club fully deserve all they can get to bring back the Glory days for us all. We thanked Carol and Kevin for all their efforts and continuing brilliant work for Vale. Oh we also confirmed that we do not require a refund for the 2 Oldham tickets we purchased way back(not sure if Vale get benefit from this though?).

Fully appreciate not all will be able to afford similar to us and the many, many others  who have renewed their tickets but without Port Vale in our lives it has become very strange and  we are both so, so grateful that the coronavirus has not hit us as of yet.

Vale's family will survive and if we, or the vast majority of us, can continue to back the Club we surely are in for some great times ahead. Keep safe everyone, can't wait to sit in my seat at Vale Park again and my God it does make you appreciate what we had before all this vile virus struck. VTID.   

Just read a piece from Colin Garlick in The Sentinel and one thing under discussion is starting the season possibly with no away fans, something i myself suggested a while ago. Apparently they would have to change the rules temporarily. 

But as when i suggested it someone on here rightly pointed out the concourse and toilets which is exactly what CG has said.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-exploring-plans-league-4230283

I would be happy with that as long as Bolton, Tranmere and Walsall aren't one of those games !!

It is an interesting solution but as i previously stated i've no idea how Bradford would cope even with no away fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can actually call at the Club shop to pick up renewed season tickets yet?  We did ours on line and were asked for a date we wanted them!  Seen on here that the suggestion is they will be ready end of July so I dont want to waste a journey unnecessarily.  Also is the Club shop open or are all transactions to be done on line for merchandise?

1 hour ago, onestepatatime said:

Does anyone know if you can actually call at the Club shop to pick up renewed season tickets yet?  We did ours on line and were asked for a date we wanted them!  Seen on here that the suggestion is they will be ready end of July so I dont want to waste a journey unnecessarily.  Also is the Club shop open or are all transactions to be done on line for merchandise?

I renewed over the phone and they said available to collect hopefully July. Things may of changed though as no season start date announced.

I don't know 100% but the shop and ticket office was shut and the staff were furloughed.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I renewed over the phone and they said available to collect hopefully July. Things may of changed though as no season start date announced.

I don't know 100% but the shop and ticket office was shut and the staff were furloughed.

The monthly instalment plan ended this month, ,the early bird prices have been extended until July,so in theory some can be collected in July if the club wishes to issue them.The furlough scheme comes to an end fully in October,I don’t think clubs will be in any rush to play behind closed doors without some financial package,whether it’s the  Government or Football Authorities providing it.Clubs at our level haven’t got the resources to start a new season without crowds.I hope TV companies could provide some help ,at least until we can properly open up.The way to keep a club going is to buy STs,as it is every pre season.I’d urge,where possible,for everyone to buy a ST.I’d also like to see weekend games to be available on IFollow if the ‘Home Fans Only’ route is taken.Some income can therefore be available for clubs every week until we get back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived