onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

season tickets 20/21

geoff1

Bradford suspended sales of season tickets yesterday, and different rumours games could be behind closed doors, I want to renew my season ticket, but dont want to risk 300 quid for nothing. Going to wait it out and see what the likelihood of matches happening before I part with my money.

Advert

We are surely close to the end now in how long this season can be delayed and then played out. As it starts to get close to end of June the clubs which are all companies will need to release the players going out of contract to reduce costs and protect the businesses. The only way to avoid that is to have certainty about what is going to be played and what isn't and whether spectators will be there or not and will TV / online coverage provide an alternative revenue stream. 

10 minutes ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

First time on here in ages ,31 thousand dead of this horribleness.

No sign of football coming back anytime soon ,for the best you cannot have social distancing in place and have football where you cannot stand apart as you have to win the ball etc 

To sell 900 season tickets is amazing really as most folk will not commit to one while this keeps going on so well done to them die hards 

Glad to see you back VFA, your insights are always welcome although sometimes controversial and brighten my day up. I am likely to have a ST again, more in hope than expectation that a vaccine will be available by Xmas. I am lucky that I can afford it to keep the club healthy,  many cant. 

• 3 weeks later...

I do wish to purchase my season ticket and have a perfect seat in the paddock which I would rather not lose. However I’m finding it very hard to justify purchasing my season ticket until we know when crowds will be allowed back.

I’m so grateful we have decent owners who are not threatening with admin every other day.

23 minutes ago, PVFC_4_EVA said:

I do wish to purchase my season ticket and have a perfect seat in the paddock which I would rather not lose. However I’m finding it very hard to justify purchasing my season ticket until we know when crowds will be allowed back.

I’m so grateful we have decent owners who are not threatening with admin every other day.

Perhaps  seats could be reserved  beyond the usual cut-off date until a decision is made,  contact the ticket office or Carol. 

I think the club will be understanding towards fans as Fosse says.

An email won't hurt to ask. I'm becoming more optimistic about things and one solution though I love an away day myself is home fans only.

We'd then be able to utilise the Hamil end too and let's use 4000 to 7000 as a gauge , maybe a touch optimistic. 

Then again the bigger picture is that clubs like Morecambe and Macc are helped by away support money 

I think the club will be understanding towards fans as Fosse says.
An email won't hurt to ask. I'm becoming more optimistic about things and one solution though I love an away day myself is home fans only.
We'd then be able to utilise the Hamil end too and let's use 4000 to 7000 as a gauge , maybe a touch optimistic. 
Then again the bigger picture is that clubs like Morecambe and Macc are helped by away support money 

The home only idea is the first I have heard and think it sounds a very sensible suggestion.

I have noticed from the official website that the early bird ends at the now end of JUNE. So hopefully gives us another month to see what happens.

Well I've just said to a mate about it , my language was a little more colourful but League 2 were left to decide and fend for themselves over the season ending. 

Selfishly let's decide home fans only and tough on Championship clubs because they aren't bothered about us clearly. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2020 at 23:48, soothsayer said:

Used the online ST renewal form for the first time and it was seamless. I just want to show my support to the club and don’t want any refunds for either this season or next season for games which are unplayed or behind closed doors.

Yes renewed my season ticket last night on line, want to give our club every chance to succeed, we all need to sacrifice and write off any loses we possible can afford, waiting for the new shirt to be available, keep believing keep positive up the Vale 

While it is perfectly understandable that a lot of potential season ticket holders cannot commit to £300 at this stage, I think the majority of us could.

we should also ask ourselves two questions.

1. Following the takeover, was last season value for money?

2. Do we think our owners should be supported at this time?

It’s all very well protesting against lousy owners, but the other side of that coin is to do what we can support good ones.

I'm with you Brian and I've renewed 2 adult tickets ( for some reason I still pay my son's even though he has more money than me 🤔 ) .

Not everyone is in the same boat , be people on here struggling. I set my money aside as the season goes on so I was lucky. I couldn't just drum up 600 quid at the drop of a hat . 

Anyone who renews that's brilliant as we don't know what we are realistically renewing do we.  

But to those struggling hopefully they will come out of the other side once it is all over . 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

While it is perfectly understandable that a lot of potential season ticket holders cannot commit to £300 at this stage, I think the majority of us could.

we should also ask ourselves two questions.

1. Following the takeover, was last season value for money?

2. Do we think our owners should be supported at this time?

It’s all very well protesting against lousy owners, but the other side of that coin is to do what we can support good ones.

Spot on, only all together will we achieve the success we all crave 

Archived