onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Amoo

Iron Curtain

Advert

I think the reason Amoo can be seen as lazy is he disappears from the game if his supply line is cut off. Then it looks like we are playing with 10 men. But that is not his fault, he either plays in the position he is in and hopes things get better or he could do stuff like swap wings. He doesn't swap wings and generally does stay in position. 

It's more with the ball I think, there's so many times you wish he'd just put his head down and go but he turns back and passes to Gibbo. I'm not sure whether he was carrying a knock or was fatigued a bit over winter as he started looking a lot more dangerous. Either that or it is Askey's instructions maybe.

I'm a big fan of his by the way. He's been one of our better performers this year even with the perceived dip in form (Where he still picked up plenty of assists).

He's been a good player for us. Hope he signs up again. Don't understand why people get on his back. Sure he drifts in and out, but he often gets doubled up on. That should create space for someone else then, so he's doing his job. 

His body language is a bit laid back sometimes. But I have never seen any lack of effort. Amoooooo.

21 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's more with the ball I think, there's so many times you wish he'd just put his head down and go but he turns back and passes to Gibbo. I'm not sure whether he was carrying a knock or was fatigued a bit over winter as he started looking a lot more dangerous. Either that or it is Askey's instructions maybe.

I'm a big fan of his by the way. He's been one of our better performers this year even with the perceived dip in form (Where he still picked up plenty of assists).

If I try to come up with an explanation it would be that Gibbo has improved markedly and can be trusted to carry the ball or pass the ball further back down the field. Therefore Amoo can push forward and start to try and dribble and cross close to the box.

Amoo's a good League 2 winger. Every winger in League 2 will disappear; that's why they're in the 4th tier.

From what I've read from Cambridge fans, he's far more productive for us than he was for them. He'll have disaster games (Cheltenham away) but also will turn games in one phase of play (his run and penalty win which sparked the Exeter win). He also sent in a peach of a ball for Popey for the City goal.

Would love to get another year out of him.

Archived