Should shut up some of his detractors.

Lazy ( pardon the pun ) punters just picking on Amoo , as they did with JMW , Amoo has created umpteen opportunities and scores a few.

Some of the criticism has been misplaced at best 

• Like 2

Agree with the above, he has received unjust criticism at times. He started really well for us, he did have a dip in form ( who doesn't ) he has since come back well and has been consistent for the last few months.

I hold up my hands. I didn't think he'd made any where near those number of tackles. I'm glad to be proven wrong. Good for him.

• Like 2

I think the reason Amoo can be seen as lazy is he disappears from the game if his supply line is cut off. Then it looks like we are playing with 10 men. But that is not his fault, he either plays in the position he is in and hopes things get better or he could do stuff like swap wings. He doesn't swap wings and generally does stay in position. 

• Like 1

It's more with the ball I think, there's so many times you wish he'd just put his head down and go but he turns back and passes to Gibbo. I'm not sure whether he was carrying a knock or was fatigued a bit over winter as he started looking a lot more dangerous. Either that or it is Askey's instructions maybe.

I'm a big fan of his by the way. He's been one of our better performers this year even with the perceived dip in form (Where he still picked up plenty of assists).

Out and out wingers like Amoo can't turn the dazzling skills on week in week out, some weeks he's on some he isn't but he always tries, the stats show this.

• Like 1

It’s not so much as he’s lazy rather he seems to drift in and out of games. Typical lower league winger really but he is certainly a threat when he’s on song.

He's been a good player for us. Hope he signs up again. Don't understand why people get on his back. Sure he drifts in and out, but he often gets doubled up on. That should create space for someone else then, so he's doing his job. 

His body language is a bit laid back sometimes. But I have never seen any lack of effort. Amoooooo.

21 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

It's more with the ball I think, there's so many times you wish he'd just put his head down and go but he turns back and passes to Gibbo. I'm not sure whether he was carrying a knock or was fatigued a bit over winter as he started looking a lot more dangerous. Either that or it is Askey's instructions maybe.

I'm a big fan of his by the way. He's been one of our better performers this year even with the perceived dip in form (Where he still picked up plenty of assists).

If I try to come up with an explanation it would be that Gibbo has improved markedly and can be trusted to carry the ball or pass the ball further back down the field. Therefore Amoo can push forward and start to try and dribble and cross close to the box.

• Like 1

Amoo's a good League 2 winger. Every winger in League 2 will disappear; that's why they're in the 4th tier.

From what I've read from Cambridge fans, he's far more productive for us than he was for them. He'll have disaster games (Cheltenham away) but also will turn games in one phase of play (his run and penalty win which sparked the Exeter win). He also sent in a peach of a ball for Popey for the City goal.

Would love to get another year out of him.

Edited by Joe B

On 14/04/2020 at 03:26, Paul6754 said:

Out and out wingers like Amoo can't turn the dazzling skills on week in week out, some weeks he's on some he isn't but he always tries, the stats show this.

The ones that can aren't playing in League 2

On 14/04/2020 at 11:58, For Us All said:

He was portrayed as another JMW but stats dont lie.

Keep up the good work Dave.

Another JMW ?

The same JMW who scored 16 in 81 along with numerous assists you mean ?

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Another JMW ?

The same JMW who scored 16 in 81 along with numerous assists you mean ?

That's him,unbelievable that he was accused of being lazy as well?

On 16/04/2020 at 11:29, For Us All said:

That's him,unbelievable that he was accused of being lazy as well?

Precisely, another victim of boo boys for no apparent reason. His goals and assist column in our promotion season told me everything i needed to know about JMW.

Much maligned but no idea why.

7 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Precisely, another victim of boo boys for no apparent reason. His goals and assist column in our promotion season told me everything i needed to know about JMW.

Much maligned but no idea why.

JMW was very interesting and surprisingly effective because he was supremely left footed and in theory very predictable. But the stats say he did a very good job. He was also a player who took free kicks and he had a mighty powerful strike albeit could be wild with it.