• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Who are your worst Port Vale central midfielders?

robf

Hi all, I'm looking for nominations for the worst Port Vale central midfielders.

For me, one would be Andreas Lipa. Arrived with a lot of hype then when I saw him, he was often motionless in central midfield and then to cap it all, he got done for racist abuse which is inexcusable... the second would be Exodus Geoghaghan who was admittedly played out of position by Gannon but was still woeful.

I'm sure there are plenty more - any more suggestions...

Advert:

Exodus is number 1.

Neil McKenzie was absolutely atrocious. Proper dog. After his comments on our fans, would love to see him make the team. The fact he came through at Stoke make him a strong contender, in my view.

Lipa once hit me in the face with a (typically) errant shot during a warm up at an away game - want to say Notts County. Get him in the list too. 3 man midfield.

Advert:

Neil McKenzie - terrible player with a terrible attitude 

Craig Hardcastle- never a footballer

Ross Davidson - Bambi on ice

Tommy Fraser - no where near good enough as a captain or as a player for this league

Andreas Lipa- remember when his missus was on come dine with me ? Only highlight of his career

Geoghegan - had a long throw on him and that was it 

We've had some garbage over the years. That 2008 season springs to mind.

I can't sentence Tommy Fraser to this because he did try and was probably a division above his ability level as opposed to off the scale bad. He looked the real deal and tried to be the real deal but he wasn't the real deal when it came to the 'penetrating through ball'. So I am going for Geoghegan. But he can mount a defence and claim he was a defender and so played out of position. I remember being away at Shrewsbury when he was played in midfield. I was nervous the whole night every time he got the ball. But he did manage to avoid a big mistake that night and seemed to have been told to give it to the next nearest player quickly. To be fair that is what Barcelona do!

Advert:

Scott brown, neil Mackenzie, craig Rocastle, ross Davidson, Adnan Ahmed, exodus geohaghan any of them really but theres probably some from the 1960s 70s 80s that I wont know of that people will say. 

I dont personally think lipa is worse than any of them 6 I have named and was s regular in a side that only missed out on the play offs in the league above by goal difference. 

4 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Neil McKenzie - terrible player with a terrible attitude 

Craig Hardcastle- never a footballer

Ross Davidson - Bambi on ice

Tommy Fraser - no where near good enough as a captain or as a player for this league

Andreas Lipa- remember when his missus was on come dine with me ? Only highlight of his career

Geoghegan - had a long throw on him and that was it 

We've had some garbage over the years. That 2008 season springs to mind.

Lipa started well... then it got cold and he clearly missed playing in Greece. Fraser was average not rank bad.

Advert:

6 hours ago, ontopgate said:

Mark Salmon. So forgettable he was memorable. 

Love that you've mentioned him! Totally nothing player

I'll go

Ahmed

Geoghan 

Davidson

McKenzie

Rocastle 

I'd possibly say Rocastle was THE worst because he actually came with a semi decent reputation and stank the place out with Paul Edward's.  Both presented as "promotion signings " by bratt and foyle

3 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Darren Murphy is another one who looked out of place. Although perhaps injuries may have caused that

Darren Murphy came on away at Morecambe in the 12/13 season and look pretty good; tilted the game in our favour.

Considering John McCombe scoring in the last minute to seal the victory (which kickstarted our promotion season) is a fond memory, I'm going to let Murphy off with this.

Archived