onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Official website: RIP Shaun Kelly

News Feed

Advert

Sleep tight Shaun. Many of us NLV knew you from the Seth days, worked with you and enjoyed the glory years. Sound bloke, good music tastes, good cook, sweet and kind. Sad loss to all his family including the wider Vale family. xx

RIP that’s so sad .....Coronavirus?

Thats 2 big local football fans who’ve tragically passed away of it this week as my good friend and Stoke fan Kev Davies left us early due to the same thing 

I'm currently fighting it myself after being confirmed positive earlier this week after being tested and it’s debilitating 

I offer his family all my prayers and commiserations 

Mick SCFC 

Shaun was a very good friend of mine, I met him at work, and we became friends over a shared love of Vale, music and real ale. He was one of the nicest, most genuine people it has been my pleasure to have met, and we stayed in touch after our workplace shut down, often meeting up at games, gigs and pubs (spot a connection here?) Sadly in recent years, circumstances meant he was unable to do all these things he loved doing, but we stayed in touch thanks to social media, and was looking forward to getting back into a position where he could resume coming to Vale Park and the Sugarmill (He did manage to still pay the odd visit to his local though). Lack of attendance aside, he never lost his love of the Vale, and would tune into Radio Stoke every Saturday, and retained an in depth knowledge of the club. As previously mentioned, he was involved with Seth, his brother Mark being one of the editors, and despite my buying every issue and having worked with him for three years up to this point, I never made the connection till I saw him selling the latest issue outside the turnstiles at Bramall Lane at the end of the 1995-96 season. Being the sort of guy he was, he didn't charge me for it! That sums up his spirit of generosity. Despite everything that was going on in his own life, he never stopped thinking of others, and was always available for a chat and would enquire how you were getting on. Thoughts are with his family.

Archived