Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robf

Vintage Match Thread: Port Vale v Stockport, Autoglass Final 1993

Recommended Posts

As you may have read here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2020/04/classic-vale-game-watch-the-1993-autoglass-trophy-final-in-full-on-monday-evening/ - OVF is running the full 90 minutes of the Autoglass Trophy final this evening so I'm doing a match thread as we haven't had one for a while.

Please feel free to discuss the match before, during and after the action.

I think it will be especially nice to share a few thoughts after the footage has aired. I have obviously already watched it while I prepared the clip and it brought back a lot of memories of things I'd forgotten so I think there will be discussion of who played well, the atmosphere, the ref's performance and so on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to this as I've never actually seen the footage. Went to the second leg of the semi-final, which was an epic night in itself, but then got called overseas unexpectedly so just saw the result in the media

Where were the Vale fans positioned in the stadium? Just so I know where to sit in my lounge

Points-with-Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, points-with-bone said:

Looking forward to this as I've never actually seen the footage. Went to the second leg of the semi-final, which was an epic night in itself, but then got called overseas unexpectedly so just saw the result in the media

Where were the Vale fans positioned in the stadium? Just so I know where to sit in my lounge

Points-with-Bone

The tunnel end, the half of the side to the steps and the other half of the other side. So, in effect the half of the stadium containing the tunnel end. So this photo is from one end of the tunnel showing it round to the steps. 

 

 

vale wembley2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Don’t spoil it by telling us the result rob.

I've been scrupulous in not mentioning it so far... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, robf said:

The tunnel end, the half of the side to the steps and the other half of the other side. So, in effect the half of the stadium containing the tunnel end. So this photo is from one end of the tunnel showing it round to the steps. 

 

 

vale wembley2.jpg

Excellent information

We're re-positioning the sofas right now, front row of course, don't want some lanky so and so plonking themselves down right in front of me

Daughter number three is excited about this one. Daughter number one went to the Millenium stadium final with me, so its her turn

I mean I would have taken her if I'd have gone, though there was the small problem of her not having been born until 2005

Points-with-Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously this match was the first of our three Wembley appearances to date. 

But after going 2-0 up in the Stockport game we conceded NINE consecutive goals without reply across the three games ie one in this game, three a week later against the Bagheads and then five in the first half against Genoa before Foyle scored our next goal in a Wembley final.

As unenviable as it is, I wonder if this is some sort of Wembley record  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So looking forward to this one.  Missed it as overseas and guess what they would not fly me back - 🤣😂

Travelled back from south of German for the Brentford (Johnson Paint Trophy) game a few years later - was not going to miss that one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I presume all you have to do is click on the link which will be put up on here later. You dont have to download anything to watch it? 

Visit the OVF homepage (i.e. not the forum) but https://www.onevalefan.co.uk at 7.30pm and you'll see the post pop up. The video will be in there and you can resize it full-screen if you wish. 

Or you can go direct to the OVF YouTube channel and see it there - youtube.com/onevalefan

 

Just to explain a few things...

1. This isn't a "live event" as such. As it's a video clip it doesn't work as a live event which is more about streaming direct from a webcam etc. There was some software that could broadcast pre-recorded clips as live events but my thoughts were I may as well just produce it as a straight forward YouTube clip available to view anytime. The unveiling tonight is simply the first time it will switch from private to public on YouTube so in effect the "premiere" of a massive long YouTube clip.

2. So what you'll see at 7.30pm (through the links above)  is a YouTube video which is two hours and 14 minutes long. Now obviously you could skip through it if you like but clearly for the best experience of an "as live" event you need to watch it all. There's some nice interviews before the game begins.

3. It took TWENTY hours to get it on to YouTube so the clip itself has been cut down (there aren't that many post-match things to see) and it is of as high quality as I could make it without it taking forever. It was edited pretty basically and the quality isn't great (it is 27 years old) but I've watched it and it is watchable. Just don't expect Sky Sports HD!

4. The advantage of it being a big clip rather than a live event is that if you do miss the "unveiling" at 7.30pm you can play it any time you want. Just go to the OVF YouTube channel - youtube.com/onevalefan

5. As these take forever I am working on the second one already. It takes a few days but I'm not going to say what game will be shown next Monday until I have checked the clip and made sure it has uploaded to YouTube properly.

6. These are completely free and my thought was a distraction to help Vale fans relax indoors during this difficult times. However, if you like it and would like to show any appreciation I would ask you make a donation to the Association of NHS charities here - https://www.paypal.com/gb/fundraiser/charity/3197205  

7. Finally, I hope you enjoy and I hope Vale win 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stockport

Where are they now?

Let's hope a load more don't 'fall by the wayside' with the current situation

Major premiership teams making huge annual profits and who are furloughing their staff...........doesn't really suggest they'll dig deep to bail out struggling small clubs

Points-with-Bone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, robf said:

Visit the OVF homepage (i.e. not the forum) but https://www.onevalefan.co.uk at 7.30pm and you'll see the post pop up. The video will be in there and you can resize it full-screen if you wish. 

Or you can go direct to the OVF YouTube channel and see it there - youtube.com/onevalefan

 

Just to explain a few things...

1. This isn't a "live event" as such. As it's a video clip it doesn't work as a live event which is more about streaming direct from a webcam etc. There was some software that could broadcast pre-recorded clips as live events but my thoughts were I may as well just produce it as a straight forward YouTube clip available to view anytime. The unveiling tonight is simply the first time it will switch from private to public on YouTube so in effect the "premiere" of a massive long YouTube clip.

2. So what you'll see at 7.30pm (through the links above)  is a YouTube video which is two hours and 14 minutes long. Now obviously you could skip through it if you like but clearly for the best experience of an "as live" event you need to watch it all. There's some nice interviews before the game begins.

3. It took TWENTY hours to get it on to YouTube so the clip itself has been cut down (there aren't that many post-match things to see) and it is of as high quality as I could make it without it taking forever. It was edited pretty basically and the quality isn't great (it is 27 years old) but I've watched it and it is watchable. Just don't expect Sky Sports HD!

4. The advantage of it being a big clip rather than a live event is that if you do miss the "unveiling" at 7.30pm you can play it any time you want. Just go to the OVF YouTube channel - youtube.com/onevalefan

5. As these take forever I am working on the second one already. It takes a few days but I'm not going to say what game will be shown next Monday until I have checked the clip and made sure it has uploaded to YouTube properly.

6. These are completely free and my thought was a distraction to help Vale fans relax indoors during this difficult times. However, if you like it and would like to show any appreciation I would ask you make a donation to the Association of NHS charities here - https://www.paypal.com/gb/fundraiser/charity/3197205  

7. Finally, I hope you enjoy and I hope Vale win 😉

Just like the good old days, Vale matches on Monday nights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some team news with just under an hour to go. I understand Peter Swan has passed a fitness test and could play...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The YouTube "Premiere" feature is ace. I clicked a button and it is a "premiere" showing of the clip. It means if you join then we all watch at the same point so we can watch it simultaneously. Feel free to have a chat with me during the game through the YouTube chat panel on the right-hand side....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy