Sign in to follow this  
robf

Vote: worst Port Vale left-back

Worst Vale left-back  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the worst Port Vale left-back?

• Lawrie Pearson
    • Colin Miles
    • Craig James
    • Jason Talbot
    • Ray Deakin

Personal view is Jason Talbot unlucky to be bracketed with the rest. The other 4 shared some common traits, the main one being they were just so slow! Deakin, James and Pearson all had a decent left foot and maybe could have been ok in a different position.

3 minutes ago, JRC said:

Personal view is Jason Talbot unlucky to be bracketed with the rest

I agree. Sadly Talbot had little, if any, discipline which ultimately cost him any chance of a meaningful career at Vale.

Didn’t he get sent off in his first game back after a suspension for a previous dismissal ? 

1 hour ago, RailwayRowdy said:

I agree. Sadly Talbot had little, if any, discipline which ultimately cost him any chance of a meaningful career at Vale.

Didn’t he get sent off in his first game back after a suspension for a previous dismissal ? 

A bit of a nutter but not the worst leftback.

20 hours ago, valiant steve said:

Paul Edwards please! 

I seem to remember being at Sheff united and watching him kick the floor in front of the ball while trying to take a corner.

Craig James was a strange one - looked awesome at first, had a dodgy spell, got better ... them became complete crap I think. Was he another of the "brilliant loans" that was crap when signed?

2 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

It’s clearly an age thing but those voting for anyone else other than Pearson can’t have seen him. 

I contemplated Pearson went for James. My reasoning was his ability to get progressively worse. First 3 or 4 games aside I felt he became atrocious.  His overall average mediocrity was slighly below Pearson for me.

4 hours ago, JRC said:

I contemplated Pearson went for James. My reasoning was his ability to get progressively worse. First 3 or 4 games aside I felt he became atrocious.  His overall average mediocrity was slighly below Pearson for me.

I get your point but James at least started well. Pearson was just god damn awful

Has to be Pearson, made worse by the fact we swapped Bromage to get him. The only good thing you can say about him is that he was so bad we had to very swift sign Darren Hughes. 

• Like 1