onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

As-live Port Vale match stream - are you interested?

robf

Hello,

I've got a new lead which now enables me to convert VHS to digital. I am not 100% sure this will work but I'm looking to do a "live stream" of some vintage Vale games through my YouTube channel. 

The first would be the original Sky Sports footage (the graphics are tremendous) of the Autoglass Trophy final at Wembley.

If this works I thought it would be nice to run it on Wednesday evening at 7:30pm and open a "Match thread" for you to share thoughts before and after the game.

If you're interested in joining the stream can you let me know by replying to this thread? Should all the testing etc work I will be posting on the OVF forum, homepage, Twitter and Facebook to let others know and hopefully we can all enjoy a classic Vale game in full.

Other tapes I have which could also be done include:

- Sky coverage of the FA Cup game against Stoke City

- the QPR game (not sure anyone will want that one)

- Brighton final game of the season 1994

- the FA Cup replay against Everton

Do let me know below if you're interested and check back before 7.30pm on Weds to get details of how to watch (presuming all my checks go OK).

Rob

Advert

24 minutes ago, windsorvale4ever said:

That's superb I wouldn't mind the first half against QPR emoji41.png

Ha! Yep, perhaps we could end it there.

A little personal tale about that game. I was living in Bristol so I didn't make the journey up as it was on ITV. I arranged to watch it with a friend of mine (not a Vale fan). He was delayed and turned up at half-time. I told him how brilliant the Vale were, how we'd dominated and how we would go on to thrash QPR. He watched the second-half collapse probably wondering what on earth I was on about...

Saturday probably be better as more are likely to watch it. I'd pretty much watch any vale game at the minute I'm that bored. 

There is somebody on facebook that has been streaming games from this season on the last 2 Saturdays though he did crewe last saturday and forest green away the week before. 

3 hours ago, eh up nah said:

It impacted me for life that QPR game did.

I was genuinely shaken afterwards.

I've never, ever taken a game as over until the ref has blown up ever since.

I listened to the first half on the radio

4-0

Then went out for my usual 20 mile run

Got home

'What was the final score?'

Missus: '4-4'

Me: 'Ha, ha. Seriously what was the final score?'

'Seriously? 4-4'

I've never half-listened/watched  a game ever since

Points-with-Bone

18 hours ago, eh up nah said:

It impacted me for life that QPR game did.

I was genuinely shaken afterwards.

I've never, ever taken a game as over until the ref has blown up ever since.

No game has affected me more. No lead is ever safe after watching that. If I'm ever sitting comfortably at a match with us three up with ten minutes to go (rare I know) my mind flashes back to that fateful afternoon and I'm back on the edge of my seat. Now my emotion at the end of a match is usually relief as we haven't screwed it up like QPR. It scarred me for life that game.

Hi all,

I'm working on the Autoglass at the moment. It's taken a bit of detective work. I am able to capture the video but I can't see a preview screen so I have to "guess" (with a stop watch) when to finish the screencapture. Luckily I remembered the ref put on about half an hour of overtime at Wembley!!!

The Sky Sports video I have of the final has really bad audio but I was kindly lent another copy by another fan and that is about 45 minutes into capture at time of writing (I do hope Vale are playing well and leading 🤫). If all goes well, I should know if it's good enough quality to stream on Saturday. 

Then I have to follow some instructions on how to "live stream" an existing video clip. It looks fairly straight forward but I will need to test as I don't want people to be disappointed on Saturday.

If it all works OK then once I get used to the process I see no reason why I can't do a classic game each Saturday.

Cheers,

Rob

Archived