onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

james mcclean

Advert

A cry for help. He's always looking for attention. He said that if he has to take the heat for all Irish players in England , then he will gladly do it. What a stupid statement. Hundreds of Irish players have plyed their trade in England , and they just got on with it, even at the height of the Troubles. Liam Brady, Roy Keane,  David O'Leary,  three of the finest  that McLean couldn't stand beside, and they all played brilliantly for club and country. He would do well to remember that during those times, English players  got along well with Irish players. They did their jobs as professionals, and got on with it. He's a troublemaker, and not a very good footballer. The world has passed him by, and he should be ashamed of himself in trying to portray that image, when people on  both sides of the border have more things to worry about  with Covid-19, and  they don't live in the past anymore. 

39 minutes ago, Santa said:

I thought it was quite funny actually. Yet again the snowflakes are desperate to be offended by something.

I’m not offended mate. I haven’t had anyone shot dead at my front door by a man wearing a balaclava , but I know people that have. If you were to ask them if it’s quite funny, they might not agree. However, the bottom line is that McLean is  just an idiot. 

1 hour ago, Valiant62 said:

Bit of a sweeping statement that. About 180k Irish nationalists fought with the British Army in WW 1 compared with about 18k Unionists.

True. The IRA supported the Nazi's. I  know several Irish who were involved on D-Day.  My father in law born and bred in Manchester always gives it the big "bouys behind the wire" crap  when he's had a few. 

Can't be doing with it. Neither can my wife thankfully. We were both caught in the Manchester bombing.  Both ended in hospital. 

You know, we talk from experience not ideology.

So I do not like being blown up. And I do not like the fact that several of my school friends were killed wasting their time in NI. And if that Stokey git want's to glorify it he can do one and piss off back to Oyland,

The IRA was/is mainly a racketeer organization. Money...

His post shows an appalling lack of judgement.  He has often complained how he is treated at some grounds. Those complaints are justified.  However, he fails to realise that he earns his living in England.  He knows that the issue is very sensitive for many English but he continues to seek confrontation with the country where he earns his living.  Some of his points about the events of almost 50 years ago are fair comment, some innocents in Derry were unjustly shot by British soldiers in a time of great confusion and huge civil unrest.  However, much has happened since those days, Irish politics has moved on, this man seems incapable of moving on.

The black hood is the symbol of some of the most appalling acts carried out by criminals, terrorists, thugs and murderers who launched attacks on children and innocent people on the streets of England. By wearing this mask he is not being funny, he is supporting the actions of people who declared war on the innocent population of this country and murdered them in cold blood.

If he is a man of such high principle and morality in respect of his perception of Irish history, then why is he continuing to live, work, and take money from England the country which he seems to hold in contempt.

Archived