1. 1. Worst Port Vale goakeeper

• Steve Cherry
    • Alan Boswell
    • Leo Fasan
    • Deniz Mehmet
    • Alex Williams
    • Kevin Pilkington
    • Dimitar Evtimov

Ok, I've had a look at the thread and this is the shortlist comprising of the contenders who have had at least two votes each.

4 hours ago, Andy Proctor said:

I dont particularly think evtimov should win as he only played 1 game for the club. 

I'd prefer it to be someone who had played 10 games. There have been s few players in the past who have played one or two games and gone on to have decent futures. There's been a few with disastrous debuts who've been good players - Fortune-West and Sam Togwell had joint dreadful debuts and were good players for us.

12 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I'm amazed joe anyon ryan boot sam Johnson chris martin and rob lainton arnt on this list. 

They've had mentions but I'd have had any of those in 2017 over the clowns we had then

Rob Lainton was one of those granted but he was an awful signing due to injury record not because he was dire keeper

Edited by eh up nah

58 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

I'm amazed joe anyon ryan boot sam Johnson chris martin and rob lainton arnt on this list. 

Anyon made a living as a decent reserve keeper in the lower leagues. Never developed from bring a very promising young player.

Johnson and Boot are both regulars with clubs who are at the top end of the conference and I think may well play back in the league at some point. With both of them I never thought we handled their non league opportunities as well as Smith.

I never really rated Martin. Griffiths own goal from 35 yards when it bobbled over his foot was a great comedy moment. Being fair the pitch that night was the worst I've seen at Vale.