onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Most farcical Norman Smurthwaite situation

robf

Advert

1 hour ago, geoff1 said:

IS ANYBODY REALLY INTERESTED IN THE  FAT B********* ANYMORE? WIPE HIM FROM YOUR BRAIN! SUPPORT KEVIN AN CAROL ALL HAIL!!!!!

I would suggest many people would be interested in him if he appeared in the bankruptcy court..... so interested in his failures probably.

Imagine getting 'run over' by a car driven out out of the Synectics gate by a Synectics employee at 2mph. Imagine further that it was captured by a CCTV camera you didn't know was there. Imagine even further that you told the first Police officer on scene that you couldn't feel your legs.

On 24/03/2020 at 12:44, Joe B said:

One of them was a manager of some Indian team, and another was a washed-up, foreign ex-pro. Can't remember which one. Along the lines of Igor Biscan, but worse.

Think after Aspin left we nearly appointed a manager from like the 9th tier of football. Can't remember his name. His team began with an S, I think.

Mixu Paatelainen 😀 

On the JJ Hooper signing, I'm sure we had the choice of Omar Bogle or Hooper. He couldn't half pick a player.

Not a funny thing at all but it showed Normans intentions straight away - cancelling the 'Lifelong' season tickets of those that had them.
From that moment on he lost all possible respect from myself and I am sure many others.
I don't know if the Shanahans have (or tried to) revive them for the people concerned but it would be yet another great move by them if they did.
Thank goodness he is gone and I long for the time when Port Vale FC is FINALLY rid of him completely.

19 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Not a funny thing at all but it showed Normans intentions straight away - cancelling the 'Lifelong' season tickets of those that had them.
From that moment on he lost all possible respect from myself and I am sure many others.
I don't know if the Shanahans have (or tried to) revive them for the people concerned but it would be yet another great move by them if they did.

I wouldn't expect them to.  When the club was first taken over by Gorm and Wildes we had a letter from one of the directors confirming that they would honour the lifer tickets - that was in the spring of 2013.  The following season, we had a letter from the club saying they weren't valid any more because it was a new business.  I thought it was a bit much telling us one minute they would honour them and the next minute they wouldn't.  It wasn't until later I realised that our previous owner had set up a new company in February 2014 and closed the one down that had carried out the takeover.  And with that closure  all the financial shenanigans surrounding that business disappeared. 

I wouldn't expect them to.  When the club was first taken over by Gorm and Wildes we had a letter from one of the directors confirming that they would honour the lifer tickets - that was in the spring of 2013.  The following season, we had a letter from the club saying they weren't valid any more because it was a new business.  I thought it was a bit much telling us one minute they would honour them and the next minute they wouldn't.  It wasn't until later I realised that our previous owner had set up a new company in February 2014 and closed the one down that had carried out the takeover.  And with that closure  all the financial shenanigans surrounding that business disappeared. 
Not wishing to go off-topic but i wasn't suggesting that they should, merely pointing out that I wasn't aware if they had either done so or tried to.
Finances will be extremely tight for the foreseeable future and I'm sure they have much more pressing concerns, not least the health and welfare of themselves and their staff.
I am fully behind both Carol and Kevin and I know they will do everything in their power for the good of our club....unlike previous others.

When this thread started On 23/3/20 I expected there to be an onslaught so I thought I’d do some research and  be able to contribute and add some balance the conversation.
So I typed his name into Google and requested something  positive about him.

Its still searching, I’ll keep you updated if there’s any change

Archived