onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Most farcical Norman Smurthwaite situation

robf

Advert

Looking forward to this one Rob. Thanks. Getting run over with his pants round his ankles after shagging the sales lady would take some beating. IF TRUE. But I'm sure there will be some even greater ones coming up from those in the know.

Most shocking moment for me was sticking on Sky Sports News and hearing him say with clear sincerity he would have hired Jimmy Floyd Hassebank, but he couldn’t because he believed our fans were racist. 

It was the moment for me when the relationship with the fans died. Up to that point he had remained reasonably in high regard, many supported him. 

That incident was the worst because he was prepared to sacrifice the image of the club and fans to make himself look good, as a man willing to hire a black manager but couldn’t because the fans would not let him. 

It typified the Smurf first attitude that damaged  the club

Outside of the obvious stuff, one that I always found amusing was when the barcode scanners failed at a home game (I think it was Yeovil in 14/15) and everybody with a season card was just being waved through and given an old paper ticket for some reason.

After the game I think he blamed it on an issue with the "wifi cables".

Sacking the lotto sellers, banning the ex players, flogging off Grant and Alnwick, banning the foundation and nicking their building. Banning Baggers, Having his social media "hacked" many times...come one we can do better than this. Robbing the commercial. This is all well known stuff.

1 hour ago, geosname said:

Thinking he was important..... Thinking he knew what he was doing..... Thinking people would simply believe what he said..... Thinking he was port vale..... Thinking basically.

Wasn't his strong point was it? Skips at Nuneaton, but the bastard is still robbing us. Sadly. Trousering the Hughil money and laughing his way to the bank. <ovf censored>.

8 minutes ago, toyahw said:

Wasn't his strong point was it? Skips at Nuneaton, but the bastard is still robbing us. Sadly. Trousering the Hughill money and laughing his way to the bank. 

This site is so paranoid. It is really annoying, no time to collect together a decent argument. Ten seconds and you are kicked off.

2 hours ago, toyahw said:

Wasn't his strong point was it? Skips at Nuneaton, but the bastard is still robbing us. Sadly. Trousering the Hughil money and laughing his way to the bank. <ovf censored>.

There are times and circumstances when you have to pay over the odds to either get rid of something you don't want or stop/avoid a worse situation occurring ..... it stings a little but it has to be done.

Often situations like Smurf are replaced by an even bigger barsteward as we have found out..... this time port vale got lucky..... thankfully. 

I can’t even remember the situation but the time something was posted from his phone. He denied it and said it was hacked whilst he was on a stag do in Benidorm or some other god forsaken place. Still makes me smile.

The fact there are so many illustrates the guy needs either a rehab clinic or a mental hospital or as quite likely, both.

Archived