Sign in to follow this  

I am obviously to far away to offer physical practical help to vale fans in the UK. 

The only thing I can do is offer talk/chat/news from a different place..... if you want it PM me and we can go from there.

Due to pre existing conditions I am confined to to my house for periods so I have a little experience..... and sometimes a lot of time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Can I add... 

I'm happy to hear from anyone who wants particular content or features. For instance, I've got a fair number of Vale videos which can be shared on here. Alternatively, perhaps you'd like to share Vale memories or have an idea for a subject to cover. In short, contact me if you want to see something on here or have a suggestion. I am very happy to receive any comments, questions or suggestions.

I've just emerged from a Facebook blackout so I could offer help, so here it is - if there's anyone in the South Staffs / Wolverhampton area who needs anything while I'm still mobile just PM me.

• Like 2

I can’t go to work, so I have time on my hands. Like Geo, I can’t help physically, but I wish I could. However, if anyone needs to talk about anything , football/American life, following the Vale etc,  I can email  or Skype if you want to PM me with a number/email address. If you have skype , we could video call. Anyway , take care Vale fans. God Bless you all in these strange times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A little practical advice...... 

If you can't get sanitizer there are numerous videos on utube on how to make your own...... if you can get the ingredients.

2 hours ago, geosname said:

A little practical advice...... 

If you can't get sanitizer there are numerous videos on utube on how to make your own...... if you can get the ingredients.

just drink more alcohol (it must be 60pc proof!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

Apparently in some states in USA you can buy grain alcohol 157% proof

• Haha 1

Having visited the big supermarkets in the last couple of days my advice is (1) get there as early as you can and/or (2) try the smaller, local, corner shops instead. It'll keep them going and believe me you've got just as much chance of finding what you want.

Below is some useful information that some may be unused to using, or found difficult to find.

https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response  

The above  includes lots of basic advice, some of which is easy to follow. 

Guidance for Job related underneath.

Employers / Self employed 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-support-for-businesses

Employees:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/covid-19-guidance-for-employees

On the subject of (employers/self employed/employees) I have experience in this sector previously, I hope this helps,  the links will take you to the correct procedure. Any issues you can PM me. 

4 hours ago, geosname said:

get me some of that!

4 hours ago, geosname said:

Polish shops sell rectified spirit 76% our strength. Try it neat.🤣😂🤣

On 19/03/2020 at 17:20, JohnJames said:

Polish shops sell rectified spirit 76% our strength. Try it neat.🤣😂🤣

Got some Absenthe in my reserve cupboard that is 90%. Even the worm has mostly dissolved.

On 19/03/2020 at 12:45, geoff1 said:

A G.P. Would tell you to drink it, a virologist would tell you to inhale it but a chest physician might disagree! 😀

• Haha 1

I saw that Norwich City produced a leaflet that their fans can post through doors with their name and telephone number on it. The idea is to post it through any neighbours' doors so any in need can get assistance while self-isolating.

It's not a bad idea - perhaps if you know of elderly or sick neighbours you all may want to consider dropping a note with your number on it offering your help (presuming you can help) and just letting them know there is someone out there if they need to talk.

150% Proof is 75% alcohol (Ethanol) by volume.....that's freakin' strong.  % Proof is 2x the alcohol (Ethanol) content by Volume.

If you drink something that is 150% Proof then it's 75% alcohol (Ethanol) by volume which equates to out of every 100ml you drink, 75ml is alcohol (Ethanol).

Neat alcohol (Ethanol) is 100% by volume alcohol (Ethanol).

If you fancy something to do that's easy......

Indoor hydroponics....... sounds sciencey but isn't..... growing stuff indoors, small boxes (plastic butter box) and a bit of foam..... a pool noodle is good if you have one.

Trying..... lettuce from seed,... tomato from a tomato?..... spring onion from the root end..... garlic from the root end of a clove.

No soil needed at all but you can pot them at a later date if you want to.

Folks, please don't forget your neighbours at times like this. I am immensely grateful to the good people of Caverswall who have popped leaflets through my mum's door offering her help. I obviously can't get there from Aylesbury so it's great to know others can help. If you are going out for your exercise, why not drop a note through your neighbour's door with your name and phone number on it. They may be in need of something you can help with.

Keep safe everyone!