onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your player awards for the (not quite ended) season

robf

With this big gap in the fixtures (and the potential for an even longer delay) is it time to bring forward the "traditional" end of season review/awards? 

Who's your...

• Player of the year?
  • Clubman of the year?
  • Young player of the year?
  • Goal of the season?

For me, David Worrall has really impressed throughout with his energy and I think he's comfortably been our most influential player.

I think Leon Legge is a fantastic bloke on and off the pitch and he would win clubman in my book.

James Gibbons had a great start but for me Scott Burgess has been the young player of the truncated season for me.

I would go for Tom Pope's goal against Man Citeh as my goal of the season.

Advert

Anyone want to propose any other categories (serious or not too serious)? 

I would say it's nice to keep us busy and amused during this crazy period.

• Best/worst ref of the season?
  • Best/worst away following?
  • Best/worst matches home and away?
  • Quote of the season?

Any more..?

19 hours ago, robf said:

With this big gap in the fixtures (and the potential for an even longer delay) is it time to bring forward the "traditional" end of season review/awards? 

Who's your...

• Player of the year?
  • Clubman of the year?
  • Goal of the season?

For me, David Worrall has really impressed throughout with his energy and I think he's comfortably been our most influential player.

I think Leon Legge is a fantastic bloke on and off the pitch and he would win clubman in my book.

James Gibbons had a great start but for me Scott Burgess has been the young player of the truncated season for me.

Decent choices there Rob but worthy mentions;

Player of season - Luke Joyce.

Clubman of Year - Scott Brown

Young Player of Year - Jake Taylor (Even though he's been missing since the Man C game).

Goal of the Season - Either of jake Taylor's curlers vs Leyton Orient or Plymouth (?) or Scott Burgess's strike vs Plymouth (?)

Player of the season - tough choice this one because it can go to anyone of maybe 6 but I think I’d go with Worall for his work rate and amount of chances he’s created.

Clubman of the year - Legge, His off the pitch work in raising awareness and his general demeanour and how he conducts himself makes him come across as a top bloke and a great captain. 

young player - Gibbo, very consistent this season, I can only think of 2 bad games off the top of my head. From what I’ve seen of this league I think both he and Clark are easily 2 of the best young fullbacks in the division IMO.

goal of the season - pope v Man City, a great move from back to front and across the pitch with a perfect headed finish. 

Player of the year. Worrall. No contest. 

Clubman. Legge. Easily.

Young Player. James Gibbons. 

Goal of the season. Pope v Man City. It can’t be anything else. It was a world class goal, the build up was like something Barcelona would do and the finish was very very difficult and well taken to guide that into the corner. An amazing goal in every way. An all time vale favourite. 

Surprised nobody has said scott burgess for young player of the season. He has been very good for us nobody expected much from him hes been a regular in the side and has chipped in with a few goals.

Club man is either legge for his epilepsy work montano for mental health awareness. 

Goal of the season has got be popes at man city and good that 8000 vale fans got to see it. 

I concur. Mentions in dispatches for Brown, Smith, Joyce and Taylor. Gibbons has made most improvement and their are no players I want to call out.

Who's your...
  • Player of the year?
  • Clubman of the year?
  • Goal of the season?

Not seen every game, but form what I have seen for every gaol saved my Scott Brown would need to be scored by a striker to equalise if he let them in. So again Browny for me. He is worth 20 goals a season.

Most improved player would be David Worrall, limited ops in the past, amazing that he has taken his chance wit both feet, for the outfield players he would be my first name down on the sheet closely followed by Nathan Smith. Goals form a centre half are always welcome.

So many players have improved it is unreal, even Askey has improved and proved me well wrong.

Player of the year: Personally Smithy would just edge it for me. But there are half a dozen candidates you could mention that I wouldn't argue with. Which makes a pleasant change from Brown being the only candidate.

Club man: Legge, possibly Monty.

Young Player: Gibbo

Best goal: Pope vs Citeh. Classic. League goal, probably Cullen vs Colchester from Worrall's wonder ball.

Worst game away macc worst home Walsall

Anyone want to propose any other categories (serious or not too serious)? 
I would say it's nice to keep us busy and amused during this crazy period.
  • Best/worst ref of the season?
  • Best/worst away following?
  • Best/worst matches home and away?
  • Quote of the season?
Any more..?

Archived