robf

[Updated] Football suspended indefinitely

On 14/03/2020 at 16:20, Wrex said:

The Irish are taking the UK government's lead on this? Let the infection spread and we'll build herd immunity?

Gone off on their own, closed all the bars.

45 minutes ago, connor hackett said:

Is the season is made null and void, can we get Bury back?

Why should it be null and void, the Italians are thinking about next year before re-starting the season.  Bury were expelled why should they come back?

Why should it be null and void, the Italians are thinking about next year before re-starting the season.  Bury were expelled why should they come back?
Because it's a good away day

4 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Is the season is made null and void, can we get Bury back?

The club is still in the process of being liquidated.

Can't see any football being played until end of June, season 2020/21 starting October, suspend all Cup game for this, and hope to finish in July, just trying to think of scenarios that may occur, up the Vale, stay safe 

• Like 2

On 17/03/2020 at 22:16, bycarspete said:

Can't see any football being played until end of June, season 2020/21 starting October, suspend all Cup game for this, and hope to finish in July, just trying to think of scenarios that may occur, up the Vale, stay safe 

lets hope we end up with three home games at the end of  season!!!!

I'm surprised it's not longer tbh why they are trying to fit cup competitions in as well is beyond me. Get domestic leagues finished whenever that will be have 2 months off and start next season later

On 19/03/2020 at 17:01, geoff1 said:

lets hope we end up with three home games at the end of  season!!!!

Think games will stay in same order, but more mid week games, hopefully it will be a lot warmer, shorts weather, up the Vale, let's all keep safe 

I have a radical solution.

We finish this season even if it takes until September. We then cancel the EFL trophy and League Cup for next season but keep the FA Cup as it is the main cup competition for supporters and players alike. For League games for a one off season we play 23 home games but only 12 away. The computer would decide which games we would play away. This would result in only playing 35 league games next season to enable the league to finish in a timely manner even taking into account the cup games. It would also ensure that every club would maintain their income as they don't get anything from away fixtures.

It's towards the end of March and pubs have only just been told to close..... I doubt any restrictions will be lifted until July if things go well...... if they don't I suspect October or or even later.

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

We finish this season even if it takes until September. We then cancel the EFL trophy and League Cup for next season but keep the FA Cup as it is the main cup competition for supporters and players alike. For League games for a one off season we play 23 home games but only 12 away. The computer would decide which games we would play away. This would result in only playing 35 league games next season to enable the league to finish in a timely manner even taking into account the cup games. It would also ensure that every club would maintain their income as they don't get anything from away fixtures.

They are saying this could take till the end of the year, does anyone really think any football will be played this Summer. 

4 hours ago, rayzer said:

If some teams play 23 home games and 12 away then that means other teams will play 12 home games and 23 away?!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

If some teams play 23 home games and 12 away then that means other teams will play 12 home games and 23 away?!

Or it means some teams on a given day have no one to play, hence they wouldn't be able to complete their fixtures. 

Better I think to have four divisions of 18 rather than three of 24 next season, that's 34 games in a shorter season, then revert to three divisions the following season. 

Edited by Heatwave

Restart the season when safe and a smaller league next season (north/south split)

All cups suspended for next season

Seems like a sensible option to me.