robf

[Updated] Football suspended indefinitely

Disappointing but inevitable given the situation. However according to the press conference given by the PM and CMO yesterday, they’ll be lucky to finish the season if the peak is 10 weeks away...

• Like 1

So this is one scenario... The games restart on April 4th with the existing games remaining in place. This weekends games will then start the week after and so on....That means we finish our season at home to Crewe !!!!

It cannot possibly be that all players will be given Corona and be able to recover from it by the 3rd April, then play behind closed doors?  More likely a holding operation to assess the situation, come up with a plan on whether to suspend promotion/relegation or a play off system between teams in top and bottom positions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

I actually think that on April 4th the country will be in major turmoil.

I'm hoping to be on holiday on April 4th 😬

This is a much less effective measure than frequent hand washing and self isolating for 7 days if you have a new persistent cough and /or temp >37.8 C (it’s ok to guess your temperature if you have no thermometer). #concentrateonwhatworksthebest

Well thats the pubs in Burslem going bankrupt !   I would say the "shops" but there are none.  Mind you, it will be easy parking in and around Burslem till April 

14 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

This is a much less effective measure than frequent hand washing and self isolating for 7 days if you have a new persistent cough and /or temp >37.8 C (it’s ok to guess your temperature if you have no thermometer). #concentrateonwhatworksthebest

Also Japanese way, sip water every 10/15 mins, washes mucus into stomach instead of entering lungs, sounds plausible?

• Like 2

Not heard that one but Chris Whitty and Patrick Vallance yesterday and Jenny Harries today very clear and coherent and with world class CVs to back them up.
I’ve pretty well disregarded everything Boris has said about anything to this point but in the last 24 hours he’s discovered the art of shutting the eff up and deferring to experts. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day as they say.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned about where this leaves Vale's finances. Most lower league sides depend on income through the gate; if that dries up remember the players and all the other debtors still need to be paid.

I'm going to do my bit by renewing my ST early. 

10 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:
1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:
I actually think that on April 4th the country will be in major turmoil.

Yeah considering the Goverment have said it will be 3 to 4 months before we get the peak.

Yep, I suspect it will be a while before it returns if it does at all...

• Like 1