onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

[Updated] Football suspended indefinitely

robf

Advert

I don't know what the contract situation is with Crewe, but you get the impression that they're at the point in the development cycle of their better players where they'd be looking to realise a transfer fee sooner than later. Otherwise they risk going for either a Bosman or a pittance at tribunal later. The financial stuff going on at the moment may exacerbate this. It would be tough for them to throw the next generation in at the deep end in a higher division.

As for the play offs, can Colchester even raise a side? They've released a few.

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

So you think that Crewe will stay clear of the bottom 4 and will not get relegated next season?

I don't, hence my previous post - sorry if it upset you.

It didn’t upset me, I just felt sorry for you.

Bizarre decision to stage play offs.

Regardless, I'm with Iron Curtain on this.

Everything about Vale is on the up, with exceptional improvements in a very short time.

Success will follow.

It would have made more sense to promote the top three in League Two, then only relegate the bottom two in League One.

Bolton and Southend were dead and buried, but it could have got messy if you had to decide who goes down out of AFC Wimbledon and Tranmere.

League One would be returned to the full compliment of 24 clubs and the only issue for League Two would be to either promote a National League side (say, Barrow) or just have a 23 team league next season.

I'm fine with this, it's been a fantastic season compared to recent years. Starting in league 2 again next season is probably what we need to make the roots of the squad grow stronger. Giant steps this season, full credit to JA and DK , we've got foundations in place to have a great season next year. Fair play to Crewe aswell, they've been up there all season and deserve it. I would be gutted if I was an Exeter fan though, they've been proper shafted by this.

Going up this season is a strange one.

Despite promotion, you've got to cut costs, lost players, and have no real celebration. Maybe a brief 'get in' but by tomorrow it'll all seem meaningless again. You're playing catch-up immediately with depleted resources and a very uncertain timeframe as to when football starts again at our level.

Obviously, it would have been nice, but another year of getting things right, improving the squad, and I'll think we'll be ready.

Its a shame we are the unlucky club but it had to be SOMEBODY. We wouldn't moan about it being unfair if we were 7th and Colchester 8th. Just the way it goes.

50 minutes ago, Emile said:

There is 0 reasons why the season needs to be ended on the spot. 0.

Why can't they restart end of the year until December? Then follow up with a regional league next season. This would limit travel around the country plus 9 games + 22 (league split in half) is less than the plan for next season. 

Why can't they extend the play offs?

Why is league two cancelled but league ones 'intention is to carry on'

The season is judged by 46 games. If we haven't played everyone twice it should be voided, not ended whenever they feel like it. 

Clubs can't afford to extend contracts with the lack of revenue. You can't then say 'protect the integrity of the league' but also expect clubs to finish the season with vastly depleted squads because they've had to release their best players, along the overspending teams to waltz the last 9.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Going up this season is a strange one.

Despite promotion, you've got to cut costs, lost players, and have no real celebration. Maybe a brief 'get in' but by tomorrow it'll all seem meaningless again. You're playing catch-up immediately with depleted resources and a very uncertain timeframe as to when football starts again at our level.

Obviously, it would have been nice, but another year of getting things right, improving the squad, and I'll think we'll be ready.

Its a shame we are the unlucky club but it had to be SOMEBODY. We wouldn't moan about it being unfair if we were 7th and Colchester 8th. Just the way it goes.

The upgrade of tv money to 600,000 in league one game should  cover the promoted teams costs, its all a good result for the 3 promoted teams

1 minute ago, DistantVale said:

The upgrade of tv money to 600,000 in league one game should  cover the promoted teams costs, its all a good result for the 3 promoted teams

Clubs are going to lose some solidarity payments from the Premier League though, as its calculated as a certain % of the Prem's broadcast revenue, which is about to decrease as Sky are demanding their money back.

Archived