onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

[Updated] Football suspended indefinitely

robf

Advert

2 hours ago, Gora Vale said:

An alternative is to look at the record of the top 8 and how they have fared against one another........we finish top, Swindon 2nd....Crewe 8th

I mentioned that aswell Gora.Very impressive by our lads.

58 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
59 minutes ago, DistantVale said:
Who is going to make a legal challenge , certainly the teams who are promoted are not going to complain !  Exeter may feel hard done by and Stevenage who have only won 3 games all season the same?

Sounds like you want this system.

59 minutes ago, DistantVale said:
Who is going to make a legal challenge , certainly the teams who are promoted are not going to complain !  Exeter may feel hard done by and Stevenage who have only won 3 games all season the same?

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

No not necessarily, but to say that that there will be legal cases if it goes through is silly .

Clubs in league 1 and 2 are requesting the season to be closed due to financial problems for many , so on what basis are they then going to sue ( with no money)the EFL if they don't like the resolution that the EFL come up with.

3 hours ago, Gora Vale said:

An alternative is to look at the record of the top 8 and how they have fared against one another........we finish top, Swindon 2nd....Crewe 8th

We have drawn too many games and that is why we aren't higher. I suppose that is better than losing them.

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

It is not that hard to do is it. Just appeal levels and then off the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Goodbye 6 months. Only needs one club owner aggrieved as well. The knock on effect is that precedent is set by appeals and arbitration and so decisions may undo other decisions made and not just the one under consideration. 

47 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

No not necessarily, but to say that that there will be legal cases if it goes through is silly .

Clubs in league 1 and 2 are requesting the season to be closed due to financial problems for many , so on what basis are they then going to sue ( with no money)the EFL if they don't like the resolution that the EFL come up with.

Those issues will remain when the new season starts. So this rush to get this one finished and ignore the remaining games ? Then have the same financial issue due to fans not being allowed back until October at the earliest ? It is still there. So teams who have not earned the right to be promoted will be in a higher division with those issues still there. 

12 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Those issues will remain when the new season starts. So this rush to get this one finished and ignore the remaining games ? Then have the same financial issue due to fans not being allowed back until October at the earliest ? It is still there. So teams who have not earned the right to be promoted will be in a higher division with those issues still there. 

I have no problem whatever on clubs been promoted and been relegated.

Due to unforeseen circumstances this season has turned into a 37 game season instead of 46 games .

I really can't understand what the problem is, it has no affect on us as a club and me personally .     

7 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

I have no problem whatever on clubs been promoted and been relegated.

Due to unforeseen circumstances this season has turned into a 37 game season instead of 46 games .

I really can't understand what the problem is, it has no affect on us as a club and me personally .     

It does have an effect on a club who was one point behind the play offs and a possible 27 more points to grab. Yes i get you there is a much bigger picture with the pandemic I get that. But on a side issue, as I have stated again and again and again. Those issues remain, fans will not be allowed back to watch games in September, so those very same financial issues are there. 

4 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

Nobody has voted for anything yet and mst clubs voting in favour would be ones with nothing to play for or it being in their favour. Most are avoiding the scenario on a finacial basis, when fans may nit be allowed back until October anyway. So as said before next season has thensame possible financial implications.

It doesn't matter when or what the clubs vote for anyway in my opinion.

The players will have the final say.

2 hours ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:

It does have an effect on a club who was one point behind the play offs and a possible 27 more points to grab. Yes i get you there is a much bigger picture with the pandemic I get that. But on a side issue, as I have stated again and again and again. Those issues remain, fans will not be allowed back to watch games in September, so those very same financial issues are there. 

The bigger picture is that people are dying !

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

It doesn't matter when or what the clubs vote for anyway in my opinion.

The players will have the final say.

Why would the players have a say in whether it's points per game or not, or whether promotions and relegations happen or not?

15 hours ago, Wrex said:

Why would the players have a say in whether it's points per game or not, or whether promotions and relegations happen or not?

Simple,if they don't feel it's safe to play they won't turn up,despite what the EFL come up with.

Archived