onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

[Updated] Football suspended indefinitely

robf

Advert

On 19/03/2020 at 17:01, geoff1 said:

lets hope we end up with three home games at the end of  season!!!!

Think games will stay in same order, but more mid week games, hopefully it will be a lot warmer, shorts weather, up the Vale, let's all keep safe 

I have a radical solution.

We finish this season even if it takes until September. We then cancel the EFL trophy and League Cup for next season but keep the FA Cup as it is the main cup competition for supporters and players alike. For League games for a one off season we play 23 home games but only 12 away. The computer would decide which games we would play away. This would result in only playing 35 league games next season to enable the league to finish in a timely manner even taking into account the cup games. It would also ensure that every club would maintain their income as they don't get anything from away fixtures.

3 hours ago, rayzer said:

We finish this season even if it takes until September. We then cancel the EFL trophy and League Cup for next season but keep the FA Cup as it is the main cup competition for supporters and players alike. For League games for a one off season we play 23 home games but only 12 away. The computer would decide which games we would play away. This would result in only playing 35 league games next season to enable the league to finish in a timely manner even taking into account the cup games. It would also ensure that every club would maintain their income as they don't get anything from away fixtures.

They are saying this could take till the end of the year, does anyone really think any football will be played this Summer. 

4 hours ago, rayzer said:

If some teams play 23 home games and 12 away then that means other teams will play 12 home games and 23 away?!

7 hours ago, Wrex said:

If some teams play 23 home games and 12 away then that means other teams will play 12 home games and 23 away?!

Or it means some teams on a given day have no one to play, hence they wouldn't be able to complete their fixtures. 

Better I think to have four divisions of 18 rather than three of 24 next season, that's 34 games in a shorter season, then revert to three divisions the following season. 

On 19/03/2020 at 17:54, ramsgate valiant said:

Just cancelled the guest house in Plymouth for what was going  to be our last game . Was hoping to have something to celebrate there. 

I have just moved my Travelodge booking to 25th May because I can modify the booking but not cancel it for a refund. I plan to keep moving it until I can actually go even if the match isn't on.

The season should be finished whatever. It depends when the season can restart. If for say we can start playing again in October we should finish the season then, not allowing any transfers beforehand, then start next season in December without any domestic cups.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but its seems impossible to cancel sky sports and bt sport if your a virgin media customer.

They aren't answering the phone...i get that

The shops aren't open i get that

And the website bit where you can alter your package is down...i get that...its because they are sneaky bastards and are going to charge me full whack when there isn't even any live sport on.

Where's that Martin Lewis bloke when you want him? 

I too think we should move heaven and earth to finish this season. It's got to be the right thing to do - and the fairest.

I can't see us starting next season in August so we're already way behind the clock.

If next season gets curtailed and teams only play 36 games instead of 46, then so be it. The fixture computer can work out the games and we'll have to get on with it. But I'd rather not leave this year hanging in the air, 3/4 done.

Archived