onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bennett to stockport?

cheshirevaliant

It looks fantastic business in the light of today's news.  £20k in the bank and , lets guess at, £1k a week off the wage bill - with quite possibly no football til next August.   This thing is forecast to peak in late June, thats peak  - not be over.   Not sure behind closed doors will work, as soon as 1 person at a club gets it, the whole lot self isolate for 14 days.  can't see how many matchs will take place.   Could they cram the finish in from say July and start next season late?  Fear the 2019/20 season will be abandoned. Hope I'm wrong.

Advert

Surprised at this, I thought out of the 4 strikers Archer would be the one released in the summer (Assuming he's not contracted for another year) and JA would bring in a replacement. Popey is not gonna go on forever and I saw Bennett as heir apparent to Pope although not an absolute like for like replacement.

Guest Vale at home
19 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Strange timing it must be said.  Is the loan window shut as well? If so it's a big risk if we get injuries/suspensions.

Still best of luck Richie and thanks for your efforts.

Well said. Good Luck . Richard for the Future . 

Well at least the  chance of a game for him today at Maidenhead 

Extracted from the Stockport site

Hear from Director of Football Simon Wilson, who talks all about the addition of striker Richie Bennett from Port Vale.

In his first interview since being appointed Director of Football, and as part of an extensive interview with Jon Keighran to be released tomorrow, Simon describes Richie as being ‘more than just a goal scorer , believing the way he plays is a perfect fit for the squad currently in place.

He says the players name is one that came up frequently during discussions with Jim, who managed Richie during his time in charge of Northwich Victoria, and after doing his homework on the player, he was confident Richie can play a big part in the club’s progression over the next few years.

It sort of makes sense now. Player contracts being time limited means we get money for a guy who would be playing hardly any games for us when the season resumes.

Extending the season may prove tricky for most clubs if the delay is too long as player contacts expire in June/July

2 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It sort of makes sense now. Player contracts being time limited means we get money for a guy who would be playing hardly any games for us when the season resumes.

Extending the season may prove tricky for most clubs if the delay is too long as player contacts expire in June/July

The likelihood this season ever resumes is quite remote. If it does I suspect they would cancel the playoffs and promote the top 4, probably ending our hopes.

30 minutes ago, JRC said:

The likelihood this season ever resumes is quite remote. If it does I suspect they would cancel the playoffs and promote the top 4, probably ending our hopes.

Yes that would end our hopes, but I’ve always said promote the top 4 is the fairest way and the way it should be.

Am I right in saying that play offs were introduced as a way of reducing the amount of teams in the prem, and now one of the proposals is to have no relegation from the prem thus increasing it again.

45 minutes ago, Conrad said:

Yes that would end our hopes, but I’ve always said promote the top 4 is the fairest way and the way it should be.

Am I right in saying that play offs were introduced as a way of reducing the amount of teams in the prem, and now one of the proposals is to have no relegation from the prem thus increasing it again.

Wasn't the reduction of teams in the top division a consequence of a UEFA directive? I don't suppose anything has changed. 

Considering the top teams in the Prem complain of fixture congestion increasing it does not make sense, will only mean reducing the Prem the season after.  An alternative could be POs between the bottom 2 and the top 2 of the Championship.

1 hour ago, Conrad said:

No the play offs proceeded the Premier League , just followed the idea from Rugby League to have more teams to have something to play for at the end of the season !  

Archived