onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bennett to stockport?

cheshirevaliant

Advert

Good luck to him. Had a lot of unfair criticism on here because of the views on Pope.

He is never going to be that type of player. I for one wish him well, but this is such strange timing with possibly 12 games left !!

All we need is Cullen to go injured again or another stupid red and we in lumber

Never good enough at this level. To get a fee for him is brilliant. This will hopefully mean that Cullen signs another contract and stays, Archer now has to step up and make it so that he’s in JA’s mind when picking the starting 11. I personally believe that we will still need to recruit another striker next season.

I wish him good luck as an ex Valiant, but have to say, could never see how he managed to start so many games for us.

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Archer must be shlt hot in training then as otherwise selling a forward and hence being down to Pope/Cullen and a recently injured Archer during a promotion seeking last 9 league games is nuts. 

Wasn't hot for Stockport as he was a sub at times and now they prefer Bennett

For Archer see Achille Campion. Great player on OVF, problem was when he was on the pitch !!

8 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Never good enough at this level. To get a fee for him is brilliant. This will hopefully mean that Cullen signs another contract and stays, Archer now has to step up and make it so that he’s in JA’s mind when picking the starting 11. I personally believe that we will still need to recruit another striker next season.

I wish him good luck as an ex Valiant, but have to say, could never see how he managed to start so many games for us.

The ' fee ' will be nominal . Forget Archer he couldn't get in Stockport team . Bennett was good enough for the squad, remember he kept Pope out for a good 10 games or more until the cup game at Cheltenham. FGR he was brilliant and also had one or two more decent games.

He wasn't a world beater but got unfair flack because of who he was deemed to of replaced. Massive call by Askey given Cullen record with injury and his papier mache body.

Must admit to not being a fan of bennett, not because of who he replaced but because of the overall performances and play that I felt he put in for us, however I will say that it’s an odd decision to get rid at this stage of the season. But then again, if Stockport have enquired and he wants to go then what’s the point of keeping a player who doesn’t want to be with us and potentially upset the apple cart? 

I wish him well. took a lot of flak off certain fans but in my opinion did a good job when keeping Tom out of the side.

Not a world beater by any means but I appreciated his efforts in a Vale shirt.

Probably fed up now sitting on the bench and if Stockport wanted him good luck to them.

We will sign better any way for next season.

Richie Bennett was under contract for next season as well.  Perhaps Askey decided that if he didn't want him then, it was best to get rid now when we had a club interested rather than keep him until the summer when the offer may not still be on the table.  It's a risk so keep your fingers crossed.

Goodluck to him. Showed flashes with a good left foot every now and then but I always thought overall he looked out of his depth at L2 level. 

I would have kept him around personally as an insurance policy. Having said that if he was unhappy not being in the team, its been very evident he is 3rd choice striker over the past month, best to get rid now to avoid the risk of affecting a  positive atmosphere amongst the squad.

Bit of a risk but 3 strikers for 1 place should be enough for the remaining games.

Managers are paid to make tough calls. Probably wants to upgrade Bennett for next season regardless of which league we end up in. No guarantee he would leave in the summer. I'm sure if there was a guarantee he could move him on in the summer Askey would have kept him.

Thought some fans missed the good things he did and focused on the less good attributes.  Very likely Archer will get a chance to prove his worth during the next 9 games. 

Archived