Doha

All matches behind closed doors likely

As I stated on another thread, I am no medical expert but as a planner in the chemist wholesale business working closely with our 780 pharmacies I can only call it as I see it. Today I am working from home along with a number of other managers as a test to see how we will cope in the coming weeks. I don't believe this current season will finish, we will see later what the PL say and I would think the EFL with follow their lead. Either Boris has pulled a real rabbit out of the hat by not closing schools or we are heading for major problems.

It seems likely that tomorrow will be called off, according to various reports. If the PL, as expected cancel games until after the international break, the EFL are probably going to follow.

21 minutes ago, ginginator said:

It seems likely that tomorrow will be called off, according to various reports. If the PL, as expected cancel games until after the international break, the EFL are probably going to follow.

When football would restart is surely down to conditions on the ground, progress of the virus, government policy etc. Postponement of the Euros is surely a must if this domestic season is going to be completed. 

7 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

When football would restart is surely down to conditions on the ground, progress of the virus, government policy etc. Postponement of the Euros is surely a must if this domestic season is going to be completed. 

It is a fluid situation I suppose, so all that can be done is to control by all methods. Measures done by the individual (person or governing body) will affect the larger. So I imagine lots of events, meetings, involving large numbers will self control and be cancelled . In the long term we will see. Next couple of years re Euros and World Cup (in winter) may be hard to schedule. 

Edited by ginginator

Rumours the EFL has suspended fixtures circulating on twitter and Facebook and its to be announced shortly... although I will say it’s not been confirmed as yet.

Just now, valefan16 said:

Rumours the EFL has suspended fixtures circulating on twitter and Facebook and its to be announced shortly... although I will say it’s not been confirmed as yet.

PL Meeting is @ 10.30am, but it is being reported as very likely

23 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

Assuming PBCD goes ahead,  what is the  minimum number of players available for a  game before it can be called off? Would youth players count?

Professional `Ballers Catch Diseases?

• Like 1

BBC reporting that all EFL and Premier Leagues games are suspended until April 4th

At least April 4th so subject to longer but that means four games postponed so if they do start it then will have to add at least a week onto the season in L2 although that finishes a week earlier so will have to go in line with the rest of the EFL and delay play offs.

15 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I think the PL ,for this season,should be declared null and void.

All leagues could use half season results, would not help us, but the rabble would be in Lg 1.

• Haha 2

All leagues could use half season results, would not help us, but the rabble would be in Lg 1.

Finish season August through to sept/October...

2020/21 start Xmas but split each division N and S into 12 team leagues so half the games to finish that bottom L2 side in each section relegation, top in each up auto and 2nd and 3rd in each play a one game play off.

2021/22 back to normal.

22 hours ago, WV said:

Players championship cancelled after 1 days play. The masters is a doubt too. 

Masters cancelled,now.

21 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

So horse racing and rugby league can carry on for a few days?

Don't get it.

It does seem contradictory 

28 minutes ago, jimbo57 said:

So horse racing and rugby league can carry on for a few days?

Don't get it.

Hasn't all Rugby now been cancelled. The Goverment have now said no Emergency services will be provided to any mass gathering. So even stuff behind closed doors is at risk. For example say Football went behind closed doors after April 3rd, and a player got injured and needed an ambulance. So not sure.

Horse Racing can get around it behind closed doors as they have their own Private Ambulances according to the Racing correspondent on Fivelive yesterday.