onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Budget

Regal Beagle

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51835306

Can anyone explain this? I was led to believe that we had a FAR RIGHT government yet the most diverse cabinet of all time has basically ploughed a load of money into the NHS and come up with some employment policies which even Jeremy Corbyn has commended.

This can't have been what tory voters voted for? Maybe we should have a general election?

Advert

2 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Can anyone explain this? I was led to believe that we had a FAR RIGHT government yet the most diverse cabinet of all time has basically ploughed a load of money into the NHS and come up with some employment policies which even Jeremy Corbyn has commended.

This can't have been what tory voters voted for? Maybe we should have a general election?

Good to see that Jezza has been listened to, shame it is 10 years late.

Mind you Hitler started like this didn`t he?

51 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Good to see that Jezza has been listened to, shame it is 10 years late.

Mind you Hitler started like this didn`t he?

Mussolini preferred trains, Hitler autobahns, both ideal for moving tanks/panzers about.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Let's turn it on it's head, if this budget had come from a Labour Party RB would have exploded on here. We need to wait and see, they have borrowed big style for this. Also Johnson has said the initial period out of the EU will be tricky, hold on to your hats!!

Coronavirus has meant a budget increase or would people over a certain age prefer to have less protection.I can’t remember Coronavirus being an issue during the GE..Labour were smashed in December,which I  predicted.They were destroyed yesterday.Brilliant performance by Rishi Sunak.

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Let's turn it on it's head, if this budget had come from a Labour Party RB would have exploded on here. We need to wait and see, they have borrowed big style for this. Also Johnson has said the initial period out of the EU will be tricky, hold on to your hats!!

This budget wouldn't have come from a labour party (at least a labour party anywhere close to the current one). They'd have stuck a few more zeros on everything, they'd have insulated my house twice, given me free internet, an extra large pension, paid off my student debt and  stuck a cherry on the top.

Believe it or not, I'm closer to the centre than even the moderate right and these circumstances are exactly why. This budget is exceptional in exceptional global circumstances. Real people have real fears about paying their mortgages, we genuinely do not know what is going to happen work wise in the next couple of months. This budget I feel has gone some way to address that. I actually feel as though the Government as a whole should have been a bit more proactive over Coronavirus, and they let themselves down a bit over the floodings.

They're not immune to criticism, but I am certain (and thankful) that they're significantly better than the opposition.

I have a real question for you - All of the working class people who voted tory, how do you feel they are seeing the Government so far?

12 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

I have a real question for you - All of the working class people who voted tory, how do you feel they are seeing the Government so far?

Brexit moved foreward...... the rest still juggling smoke at the moment.... money pledged and promises made don't  always become reality.... it's still a let's see what happens situation, after 3+ years of stagnation and avoidance and 3 months of chaos, confusion and contagion it's not surprising.

35 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

This budget wouldn't have come from a labour party (at least a labour party anywhere close to the current one). They'd have stuck a few more zeros on everything, they'd have insulated my house twice, given me free internet, an extra large pension, paid off my student debt and  stuck a cherry on the top.

Believe it or not, I'm closer to the centre than even the moderate right and these circumstances are exactly why. This budget is exceptional in exceptional global circumstances. Real people have real fears about paying their mortgages, we genuinely do not know what is going to happen work wise in the next couple of months. This budget I feel has gone some way to address that. I actually feel as though the Government as a whole should have been a bit more proactive over Coronavirus, and they let themselves down a bit over the floodings.

They're not immune to criticism, but I am certain (and thankful) that they're significantly better than the opposition.

Far to early to comment RB. Only time will tell.

I was listening to the news this morning and it was raised that the one area that wasn't mentioned in the budget was financial support for the care workers and sector. While all the support for companies (sick pay, tax relief  etc) is fair enough (and I believe going to be supported cross-party) there is a very real question that care workers are potentially going to be in the frontline for several months now (e.g. care homes and the elderly housebound are going to be high risk) and there are no measures in place for them to receive extra funding and resources.

I wonder if the government will look at addressing this? I'm not making a party political point by the way, I think tackling Coronavirus should be something we do apolitically but to me it does seem that a vital (and in my personal view "amazing") group of people were forgotten about yesterday.

Archived