SFBT

Leon Legge

Leon Legge ever present this season.
Superb achievement.
He's on 9 bookings though.
So will he be banned when he gets to 10, or is there a cut off after playing this many games?

Leon Legge ever present this season.
Superb achievement.
He's on 9 bookings though.
So will he be banned when he gets to 10, or is there a cut off after playing this many games?

The cut off was the last game so he will be ok unless he manages to get 15 yellows.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jacob_123 said:

The cut off was the last game so he will be ok unless he manages to get 15 yellows.

Great news.

Thanks

Nominated for player of the month for Feb. Well done Leon, fully deserved. Askey also nominated for manager of the month.

• Like 1

I think its fantastic that we have players who WANT to play for us ! Not just a load of journey men and chancers . The turn around in our club in just twelve months is nothing short of remarkable ! U TV 

• Like 5

Legge is arguably my current 'favourite' player. Though there's a good few contenders. Love the bloke, and hope he's with us for at least another couple of years after this season. Him and Smith have to be right up there for the best centre-back pairing in the league. Let's not forget the impact Brisley made too though. After a dodgy debut in tough circumstances he was excellent.

• Thanks 1

If Legge and Brisley sign it would, to a degree, mitigate the possible loss of Smith. Obviously all 3 signing would leave us very strong in central defence. Midfield is pretty strong. Maybe just a winger, leftback and a centreforward if we don't sneak promotion.

Leon Legge is a prime example of the sort of player John Askey wants at the club - a good honest pro with an excellent attitude and exemplary lifestyle. Unlike a number of those he inherited and had to ship out. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Amazes me that a club like Cambridge Utd can let a player as good as good as Leon Legge leave.

Strange one as between the 4 clubs he's been at, he's played 10 complete (or mostly complete) seasons, 30+ apps etc, plus even 12/13 when he was loaned out he played nearly all of it between his parent club & the loaned (eventually signed to) one. Obviously rated at every club but not stayed anywhere longer than a few years, doesn't look like he ever fell out of favour completely, was just let go/released at end of contracts.

I think he was released by Cambridge due to a shoulder injury? There was something about him being a long throw expert but it was binned due to the injury ? For me he's been outstanding. We all make mistakes and he does so too but its head up and get on with it. In addition he's role modelling off the pitch which just builds both his and our reputation

Strange one as between the 4 clubs he's been at, he's played 10 complete (or mostly complete) seasons, 30+ apps etc, plus even 12/13 when he was loaned out he played nearly all of it between his parent club & the loaned (eventually signed to) one. Obviously rated at every club but not stayed anywhere longer than a few years, doesn't look like he ever fell out of favour completely, was just let go/released at end of contracts.
  • Like 1

1 year contract extension announced today for Legge. Another players extension to be announced soon as well I believe. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

1 year contract extension announced today for Legge. Another players extension to be announced soon as well I believe. 

Good. Good centre half and a good captain. Glad to have another year from him.

• Like 1