onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Leon Legge

SFBT

I think he was released by Cambridge due to a shoulder injury? There was something about him being a long throw expert but it was binned due to the injury ? For me he's been outstanding. We all make mistakes and he does so too but its head up and get on with it. In addition he's role modelling off the pitch which just builds both his and our reputation

Strange one as between the 4 clubs he's been at, he's played 10 complete (or mostly complete) seasons, 30+ apps etc, plus even 12/13 when he was loaned out he played nearly all of it between his parent club & the loaned (eventually signed to) one. Obviously rated at every club but not stayed anywhere longer than a few years, doesn't look like he ever fell out of favour completely, was just let go/released at end of contracts.

Advert

57 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

1 year contract extension announced today for Legge. Another players extension to be announced soon as well I believe. 

Good. Good centre half and a good captain. Glad to have another year from him.

What Jacko said.

For the past 3-4 summers we've had to totally rebuild the squad and start from square one time and time again. This is all good news and means we can focus our attention more carefully on what we really need for next season instead of worrying about finding another 10 players. Yet another sign of progress at the Club.

On 11/03/2020 at 15:43, CAVALIER said:

I think he was released by Cambridge due to a shoulder injury? There was something about him being a long throw expert but it was binned due to the injury ? For me he's been outstanding. We all make mistakes and he does so too but its head up and get on with it. In addition he's role modelling off the pitch which just builds both his and our reputation

According to a friend of mine who supports Cambridge the shoulder injury was a factor, but the big reason was he was one of their highest earners. 

Archived