onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bucket collection for lorne street fund

Advert

On 08/03/2020 at 12:35, windsorvale4ever said:

Every single penny will help if you think if we get another 5000 Gate if we all bring an extra £5 minimum to put in or even £10 it would be half the fund raised already. But every single penny will count and I'm sure this won't be the only game we do collections at

While I agree with the sentiment of your post and the mathematics' involved, I can't see the majority of the fans chucking a fiver/tenner into the collection buckets. Wishful thinking perhaps, though I too would love to see this happen and for me to be proved completely wrong - as I usually am!!

On 08/03/2020 at 12:35, windsorvale4ever said:

Every single penny will help if you think if we get another 5000 Gate if we all bring an extra £5 minimum to put in or even £10 it would be half the fund raised already. But every single penny will count and I'm sure this won't be the only game we do collections at

Not knocking the idea or the sentiment, but how many of those 5000 are made up of a bloke and his 3 kids, maybe even his wife also.

hes not going to chuck £40 or £50 quid in.

On 07/03/2020 at 19:50, Conrad said:

Do some of those rules apply when the collection is taking place on your own land( Vale’s)?

Yes ! Because you are targeting the public - They may be Vale fans but they are the Public as far as the rules apply.  Jimbo57 is correct - the rules are a minefield and ignorance of them is NO EXCUSE !  I would encourage all the admin staff at Vale to ensure that all is in order and authorised paper work is available to say it is .   I think if they put a Money collection box on a pub Bar they need some sort of "licence" (for want of a better word).

https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code/specific-fundraising-methods/collecting-money-or-other-property

In most cases, for collections on public land you will need a licence or permission to collect from the relevant local authority (or in Northern Ireland, the Police Service of Northern Ireland). On private land, you will need permission from the person responsible for the site. 

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/code/specific-fundraising-methods/collecting-money-or-other-property

In most cases, for collections on public land you will need a licence or permission to collect from the relevant local authority (or in Northern Ireland, the Police Service of Northern Ireland). On private land, you will need permission from the person responsible for the site. 

... I take it that we do actually qualify as a  "charitable institution" then?

On 08/03/2020 at 12:16, TJHValiant said:

Will our new board (not the owners, I accept they have done enough) be putting any money in? Or is that too rude to ask? Are with just happy that their “ expertise” is sufficient, like sitting on the board of a local golf club?  I will give all I can, but there are plenty of rich so and sos associated with the club who are notable in not supporting this initiative where in matters. Money. 

Aside from us, the grassroots fan, little support seems to be being given by those who have ridden the name of the club for personal gain but given little back in return. We know the names. 

They should be opening their wallets. A bit of public pressure again to get them to pay up wouldn’t go amiss. 

Many will say being hard on these people is unfair and that they have done all they can. Unfortunately that is the “Bill Bratt” defence. The idea that a skint man is fine to have influence over the club because he was “well meaning” because he remortgaged his house. 

It didn’t wash with fans then and I doubt it will in future. 

The Board is made up of experts from Synetics. They did not buy their way there they were put in place by Carol at her own expense to run the club n a professional manner.

Calm down dear you’ll have a hernia.

Archived