onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bucket collection for lorne street fund

Advert

7 hours ago, windsorvale4ever said:

There isn't really but it would be great to get it all sorted for the first home game of next season wouldn't it ?

Agree  there, it would be great, but I think it may take longer.

Be very careful. My wife wanted to help with a bucket collection for a local charity last year but at the last minute they had to call it off due to rules and regulations and a threat of prosecution.

Briefly from what I remember buckets must be sealed, must not be shaken, a licence must be applied for, a letter giving permission must be carried and available for viewing by the police or council and there was something about the buckets being opened under supervision. I suppose it was all to do with fraud.

So if there's a jobsworth council official or policeman snooping around, then watch out.

It's a minefield, unless rules have changed since last year.

5 hours ago, jimbo57 said:

Be very careful. My wife wanted to help with a bucket collection for a local charity last year but at the last minute they had to call it off due to rules and regulations and a threat of prosecution.

Briefly from what I remember buckets must be sealed, must not be shaken, a licence must be applied for, a letter giving permission must be carried and available for viewing by the police or council and there was something about the buckets being opened under supervision. I suppose it was all to do with fraud.

So if there's a jobsworth council official or policeman snooping around, then watch out.

Do some of those rules apply when the collection is taking place on your own land( Vale’s)?

On 06/03/2020 at 17:10, windsorvale4ever said:

There is going to be a bucket collection at the Crawley game hopefully collectors on every side of the ground so bring some extra dosh with ya and let's show the shanahans how thankful we are to their fantastic family for buying our club and help them to finish the stand VTID

I'll be giving this a push on the OVF front page and on the OVF social media accounts closer to the game. I'm sure the SC will do the same but I guess the more people who push the more the message gets across to the fans.

Will our new board (not the owners, I accept they have done enough) be putting any money in? Or is that too rude to ask? Are with just happy that their “ expertise” is sufficient, like sitting on the board of a local golf club?  I will give all I can, but there are plenty of rich so and sos associated with the club who are notable in not supporting this initiative where in matters. Money. 

Aside from us, the grassroots fan, little support seems to be being given by those who have ridden the name of the club for personal gain but given little back in return. We know the names. 

They should be opening their wallets. A bit of public pressure again to get them to pay up wouldn’t go amiss. 

Many will say being hard on these people is unfair and that they have done all they can. Unfortunately that is the “Bill Bratt” defence. The idea that a skint man is fine to have influence over the club because he was “well meaning” because he remortgaged his house. 

It didn’t wash with fans then and I doubt it will in future. 

I'm sure the supporters club know or the rules and regulations they've done these things before

Archived