Fosse69

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Both teams are huffing and puffing, which was to be expected. 

Come on Vale please get the first goal and they may push up further leaving gaps.

Penalty from Mitch Clarke being taken down.  No penalty.  Is this ref only giving stuff to them?

1 minute ago, mikey said:

HT 0-0 sounds like we are doing ok

Seeing the ref seems to be favouring Cheltenham most of the first half.

Hopefully he will favour Vale in the 2nd half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Ref gives peno to Vale and then disallows it after speaking to linesman. C'mon Vale, we can win this!

Disgusting decision, the Ref gave the penalty and was 5 yards away, the liner was 40 yards away and had at least 3 players in his sight line..........Fing shocking!!

• Like 2

Awful ref. He gives a pen on the left hand side of the area with loads of players between him and the liner, who changes his mind for him. I don’t care what Adam Yates says, the ref should have stuck to his decision. He got the man first, then the ball. You really don’t know what you’re doing , ref. 

• Like 1

I think we’re doing well. Personally I didn’t think it was a peno either, looked like he played the ball to me. I think as a defensive back 5 cheltenham are really well drilled, but they are playing a really high line, purely because they know we have no pace down the middle, but if only Amoo and Worrall can time their runs to get in behind them. Think Gibbo and Clark in particular have had good halves. 

• Like 1

Amoo has had a couple of chances of shooting at goal, but seems to try an take an extra touch to get the ball onto his favoured foot and they come in and just take it off him.  Just wish he would shoot, even if on his wrong foot, you never know it may take a deflection in.

We seem to play better when we keep it on the ground, but most of the lofted balls to the front players have been great passes.  They are a drilled side and you can see why they are in the top 7 teams.

We are currently just outside the play offs at the moment.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 1

Solid performance by Vale.

Ref is buying all Cheltenhams tricks hence Vale giving too many free kicks away in their last third.

Coutdn't tell whether it was a pen or not 'cause of the camera angle but the pen looked to be the classic situation where Clark pushed the ball past the defender as the defender tackled him and was bought down, ref was closer than liner.

Pope on for Cullen for me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heatwave said:

Anybody know why Taylor isn't in side or on bench?

He's got flu apparently.

• Like 1

Wonder if Pope will come on soon, as Cullen looks to be carrying a knock now.  They are making a double sub by the looks of it.

Just now, CambridgeDon said:

Colchester now 3 up - we need to win this!

plenty of games left yet

will be twists turns to come 

• Like 1