Jump to content
Fosse69

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Recommended Posts

Another toughie, a 6 pointer, and hopeful of better weather. Pope back at some time, if not the start, to bring back memories of his hat-trick to unsettle their defence. Clarke back from suspension, different role for Monty, and options galore without upsetting the team cohesion.  7 games unbeaten for us, Cheltenham 5 wins on the trot since a defeat to Scunthorpe, so banker draw or a 2nd great win at Cheltenham for us. Maybe  the  chance of another meeting or two to come as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct Fosse, 

another tough game, unlike the last 2 games a point here would be a great return.

pope to start away from home, then maybe bring Cullen on for his speed once the Cheltenham defenders begin to tire.

another great turn out from the SVA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our first half performance levels are at present better than our second half performances .

Thought v Walsall and Scunthorpe there respective managers made substations and changed there formations to the detriment of Vale 

7th place at the moment which is fantastic compared to last few seasons .

My team 

         Brown 

Gibbons Legge Smith Clark 

       Joyce Burgess Conlon 

Worrall.     Pope   Amoo 

That’s my first half team then when tan themselves silly like v Walsall and Scunthorpe 

Then my second half team if winning which we will be 

               Brown 

 Legge Smith Crookes 

Gibbons                       Clark 

    Worrall  Taylor   Joyce Browne 

                Pope 

Keep the intensity but close the door at the back 

UTV 

No Oyeleke as not upto speed yet .

 

 

        

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Vale fan in Alsager said:

Our first half performance levels are at present better than our second half performances .

Thought v Walsall and Scunthorpe there respective managers made substations and changed there formations to the detriment of Vale 

7th place at the moment which is fantastic compared to last few seasons .

My team 

         Brown 

Gibbons Legge Smith Clark 

       Joyce Burgess Conlon 

Worrall.     Pope   Amoo 

That’s my first half team then when tan themselves silly like v Walsall and Scunthorpe 

Then my second half team if winning which we will be 

               Brown 

 Legge Smith Crookes 

Gibbons                       Clark 

    Worrall  Taylor   Joyce Browne 

                Pope 

Keep the intensity but close the door at the back 

UTV 

No Oyeleke as not upto speed yet .

 

 

        

Not saying he's not, but how do you know Taylor is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Old fort said:

Not saying he's not, but how do you know Taylor is?

I do not know the only person who knows is the manager .

Those lads in midfield are doing so many miles ,but we have see what Taylor adds already he adds goals and poise and excellence .

Just freshen it up a.bit we have ten cup finals left 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 01/03/2020 at 14:13, Conrad said:

pope to start away from home, then maybe bring Cullen on for his speed once the Cheltenham defenders begin to tire.

I certainly think that with his record against them, psychologically it would be good to start with him. The Cheltenham defenders must be having nightmares about facing him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robf said:

I certainly think that with his record against them, psychologically it would be good to start with him. The Cheltenham defenders must be having nightmares about facing him.

100%, because you would know that you’d be facing a battle at the very least. At this level when you go away from home you have to be willing to roll your sleeve up as a lone striker to buy your team time and give them something to build on. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game is going to be a toughie now, as we have a lot to loose points and position wise.  Feels strange to be looking at the table, games coming up and thinking we have a good chance of making the playoffs or even the automatic (depending on the top 6 dropping points).  So much better than previous years - thank you all at Vale Park for that.

Just hope the players turn up as the pressure must be ramping up on them now - even tho they say it isn't.  Also hope manage to score 3 or more goals, as we seem to ship a couple of goals as well.

Edited by PVFC764
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vale are the only team in the league to be unbeaten in the last 6 matches. Had we not lost the plot in the last minute against Scunthorpe we'd be second in the form table and with the best goal difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doha said:

Vale are the only team in the league to be unbeaten in the last 6 matches. Had we not lost the plot in the last minute against Scunthorpe we'd be second in the form table and with the best goal difference. 

It’s actually the last 7 games, Doha. 4 wins 3 draws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know, but the form comparison table only went back 6 :classic_tongue:

Trying to get hold of the ticket office for the match but they never answer. "The mailbox of the person you're trying to call is full" looking forward to this close season when that tinpot system is sorted out by C&K. IT, data and connectivity is something we desperately need to catch up on and they couldn't be more well-qualified to sort us out. It's 2020, the days of using your fingerprint to instantly buy a ticket on your smartphone in seconds then get scanned through the turnstyle by a QR code on the screen are here. We already have the barcode readers. 

Edited by Doha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Popey will play on Saturday as the Cheltenham defenders will have 'mares about facing him but JA has a few dilema's, does he bring back Jake Taylor and/or Mitch Clark. Clark will probably play as JA commented Montano has a back problem and my bet is that Taylor will play if just to freshen things up.

Can't wait for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without doubt a real tough test. I would take a point now! If all our eleven are at 100% then maybe we can dream. Not very confident as they seem to have developed a knack for pinching it but heres hoping UTV  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy