onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Another good thing to come out of today's game is that Luke Joyce avoided a booking so is now safe from suspension.  Unless he gets six bookings in the next 9 games!

Even Gibbons has cut them out lately too so no one close to a suspension which is good news for the run in.

Think only Griff managed the 15 one year!

Advert

3 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Game of 2 halves due to the breeze. Good point but could’ve been 3.  We haven’t quite done enough.

Ref bottled the pen shouts, certainly the second, which was more clear cut the the first.

Cullen should do a bit better with both his headers but has played well again.

Legge lucky to stay on after that 2nd challenge so fair play to the ref there.

Hopefully goal difference won’t cost us.

Yes agree, Mr, chips and no gravy, was very lucky, may be the refs internal var overruled the 2nd yellow 

46 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Even Gibbons has cut them out lately too so no one close to a suspension which is good news for the run in.

Think only Griff managed the 15 one year!

Thought it was Grant! Maybe Griff as well but not sure.

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Another good thing to come out of today's game is that Luke Joyce avoided a booking so is now safe from suspension.  Unless he gets six bookings in the next 9 games!

Even though the FA website has him listed as LukeJames

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

You mean the one where he made a great tackle and put the ball out for a throw in?  It wasn’t even a foul. 

That ref hasn’t done a game for 12 months. It will be a huge benefit to the game in general if he doesn’t do another one for 12 months. He was clearly unfit, couldn’t keep up with play and had a vivid imagination. 

Sorry not defending the ref but Legge completely missed the ball and also thought he was lucky to not get 2nd yellow 

28 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

I was looking straight down the line, so just my opinion, just likes yours 

I only asked because someone else posted that they thought it was a card and Legge was lucky to escape and I wondered if it was the view from the cameras.  I honestly think he played the ball into touch and it wasn't a foul.  Leggy seemed to think so as well, but he would!!

Well an interesting game again and both teams started the game at quite a pace but yet again for the umpteenth time this season the officials stole the show yet again.

Vale played some good football and considering they were on a five match winning run I think they were ultimately the happier with a point. Brown had little to do all game and I can't remember him having to save anything that was on target.

Cullen was unlucky and for a small lad he gets up well. Everyone played their part and if we can maintain these performances then a play-off place seems likely.

As for the officials, well my initial thought on the first penalty was that it was a corner although I called for the penno as one would. Surprised when the ref gave it but not complaining, however for him to then consult his assistant who was well over 35 yards away with a restricted view and then take his advice, well that summed up the way the game had been officiated upto that point and indeed for the remainder of the game.

For instance :

First half Vale had the ball on the touchline if front of the dug-outs and the assistant gave it out, second half they had a similar situation and where the ball looked clearly 'out' and he gave nothing (not sure if that wasn';t what led to Kevan being booked).

They also had a lad stop and wait for Gibbons to run into him - foul, we had a similar incident - play on. 

If Legge's tackle in the second half was indeed a foul then he should have walked.

Foul throws, Brown being ordered to spped up goalkicks wheras their keeper was just as bad but nothing said - the list appeared endless.

To be honest, I thought the ref didn't give the second penalty just to spite the Vale fans !.

Rant apart Vale thoroughly deserved their point and will feel again it's 2 points lost but we march on and must now hopefully take advantage of the next two games.

Final point, I think things may have 'kicked off' somewhat after the game outside near to the coaches and I said to my son that although having their 'mob' so close to the away fans adds to the atmosphere it also ramps up hostilities - something perhaps they should think on.

Gibbo man of the match for me although it was a tough decision and i'm sure plenty of other fans who were at the game would hand it elsewhere, and with similar good reason.

2 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Don’t know if that’s a good thing after today’s performance 

1 hour ago, bycarspete said:

Sorry not defending the ref but Legge completely missed the ball and also thought he was lucky to not get 2nd yellow 

Terrible decision, never a foul, the ball had gone out of play before the foul was made and their player made the dive.

38 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I only asked because someone else posted that they thought it was a card and Legge was lucky to escape and I wondered if it was the view from the cameras.  I honestly think he played the ball into touch and it wasn't a foul.  Leggy seemed to think so as well, but he would!!

He didn’t touch the ball and had the ball not gone out beforehand it should have been a foul but again the ref got it wrong.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who saw it like that!

Archived