onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Awful ref. He gives a pen on the left hand side of the area with loads of players between him and the liner, who changes his mind for him. I don’t care what Adam Yates says, the ref should have stuck to his decision. He got the man first, then the ball. You really don’t know what you’re doing , ref. 

Advert

I think we’re doing well. Personally I didn’t think it was a peno either, looked like he played the ball to me. I think as a defensive back 5 cheltenham are really well drilled, but they are playing a really high line, purely because they know we have no pace down the middle, but if only Amoo and Worrall can time their runs to get in behind them. Think Gibbo and Clark in particular have had good halves. 

Amoo has had a couple of chances of shooting at goal, but seems to try an take an extra touch to get the ball onto his favoured foot and they come in and just take it off him.  Just wish he would shoot, even if on his wrong foot, you never know it may take a deflection in.

We seem to play better when we keep it on the ground, but most of the lofted balls to the front players have been great passes.  They are a drilled side and you can see why they are in the top 7 teams.

We are currently just outside the play offs at the moment.

Solid performance by Vale.

Ref is buying all Cheltenhams tricks hence Vale giving too many free kicks away in their last third.

Coutdn't tell whether it was a pen or not 'cause of the camera angle but the pen looked to be the classic situation where Clark pushed the ball past the defender as the defender tackled him and was bought down, ref was closer than liner.

Pope on for Cullen for me.

The ref is blind and just dismissed a very easy to give penalty.  But guess what it was for Vale.

Can see him giving them a penalty for one of their players falling over with no Vale player around him.

Poor ref and linesman again.

Come on Vale.

Archived