onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Completion of the Lorne St stand

robf

Advert

18 minutes ago, toyahw said:

From the site..

"Please note that there is a small fee deducted from each donation (2.9%+25p) by Go Fund Me which covers their costs. If you do not want to donate using Go Fund Me page and pay directly to the fund by bank transfer, please email [email protected] and we will send you the account details."

glad this has been cleared up

£5,000 is a very reasonable start.

Its going to take a while to get £100,000, so momentum needs to be maintained and fresh ideas need to be consistently encouraged.

Bucket collections at every game for the forseeable would be wise; people will usually have a few spare quid to lob in and it can add up when we're currently seeing around 5k Valiants a home game.

We'll get there, but it'll be a slog.

Would it make a difference to have buckets inside the ticket office on match days so that those buying tickets without the correct cash can easily throw their change in on their way out if they wanted to? Or is that too 'in your face'?

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

£5,000 is a very reasonable start.

Its going to take a while to get £100,000, so momentum needs to be maintained and fresh ideas need to be consistently encouraged.

Bucket collections at every game for the forseeable would be wise; people will usually have a few spare quid to lob in and it can add up when we're currently seeing around 5k Valiants a home game.

We'll get there, but it'll be a slog.

I don't want to be a wet blanket, and I fully support the initiative, although I thought that there were better targets for funding like better facilities for the Bycars and Paddock.

My concern is that what we have seen so far are the contributions from the willing. If contributions start to tail off with the total at about £10k I can imagine fingers will start to be pointed and the laughter will start to be heard from the other end of the City.

What I think the organisers need to do now is to look for sponsorship for the remainder of the balance. Our fanbase just isn't large enough to sustain the progress made so far.

1 hour ago, Heatwave said:

If contributions start to tail off with the total at about £10k I can imagine fingers will start to be pointed

I got some pelters for expressing this opinion. Don't get me wrong. Well done to all those who have donated, and hope it works out. I personally do not think it was the best way to go about it. But all personal opinion. 100% behind the idea.

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

I don't want to be a wet blanket, and I fully support the initiative, although I thought that there were better targets for funding like better facilities for the Bycars and Paddock.

My concern is that what we have seen so far are the contributions from the willing. If contributions start to tail off with the total at about £10k I can imagine fingers will start to be pointed and the laughter will start to be heard from the other end of the City.

What I think the organisers need to do now is to look for sponsorship for the remainder of the balance. Our fanbase just isn't large enough to sustain the progress made so far.

Crewe fans managed raise £250k with a smaller fan base, so surely £100k is manageable mate

47 minutes ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Crewe fans managed raise £250k with a smaller fan base, so surely £100k is manageable mate

And how was that achieved? Are you saying that there were no large scale donations from the corporate sector or from moneyed individuals? Can't see it myself. 

1 hour ago, geosname said:

It needs a much wider audience base than supporters represent.

If only we knew someone famouse so it could be shared with his fan base.

Sorry but does it? To donate to something surely you have to be a "supporter" and have a connection and interest. If, for example, it was pushed to several hundred thousand RW fans what is their incentive to pay out money for a stand at a football ground they may never visit and they have no interest in? 

For me, the crucial element will be to get the message to all the Vale fanbase and then to local businesses and the local Potteries public. It's a good start so far but it's very early days yet. I am sure there is scope for plenty of other fundraising activities above and beyond the Go Fund Me page.

At least we've done better than the Swedish Jocks.

Some years ago, a local Caledonian Society in Sweden took exception to common Swedish adverts for sales that incorporated a kilted Scotsman - the implication being that the Scots were a bit tight. They announced a fighting fund to try to end the stereotype. After a few weeks it was abandoned with the fund total having reached £67...........

Over £6k already is a smashing start. I’m sure the supporters club are putting words in the ears of local businesses and hopefully that will see some larger donations to really get us heading toward that goal. 

Crewe raised £250k fairly quickly recently so I’m sure we can smash £100k. 

Archived