robf

Completion of the Lorne St stand

Mine's gone in--we now hav a total of £2835 donated by 81 donors with some a lot more generous than me.  Only £97,165 more to go and  say 4,919 more donors required.  And thanks to the generosity of those who've made donations bigger than £20 the amount required form those remaing 4919 donors is only £19.75 each--come on, get your credit cards out and let's help the club.  Up the Vale!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This is a fantastic idea and well done to all who donate. Not sure why my post was deleted before but I've been told by a very good source that the stand will be paid for by RW and will  be written off in tax somehow. Dont shoot the messenger. What is the plan for the money if what I've been told is true? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WV said:

This is a fantastic idea and well done to all who donate. Not sure why my post was deleted before but I've been told by a very good source that the stand will be paid for by RW and will  be written off in tax somehow. Dont shoot the messenger. What is the plan for the money if what I've been told is true? 

First thing to do is sort out the rumours, no doubt the football club and supporters club know the reality.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

Over 3k now in just over 24 hours.

I'm guessing Mark et al have al will be posting a regular Bulletin of donations from all 'streams' e.g. GoFundMe, bucket collections, other sources.

Most of us can can see the GoFundMe donations, but it would be great to see the 'combined progress to date'.

Apologies if this is already in place 😎

• Like 1

It will make a few k and then look embarrassing. People on here are so naïve. Shoot me down if I am wrong.  
It's the equivalent of every Vale fan able to attend yesterday coughing up an extra £20. Put that way it doesn't seem too big an ask.

Didn't we raise about 12k to buy Darren Beckford a long time ago? Probably just a bucket collection then. I paid for his big toe I'm sure of it!

But as you say, when broken down, it isn't as daunting as it seems. But hopefully if it trickles in steadily we might be able to get some sponsorship deal to complete the task.

One thing is for sure. If Norman had started the campaign we'd have zero donated by now. In some ways it's a reflection of how far we've come in a short space of time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheSage said:

Didn't we raise about 12k to buy Darren Beckford a long time ago? Probably just a bucket collection then.

Didn't the fans raise £7,500 through bucket collections and the directors then matched it to pay the £15,000 transfer fee?

Early 80s.... I think..... they had a collection of half pennies..... tiddlers?..... can't remember what it was for.

3 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Didn't the fans raise £7,500 through bucket collections and the directors then matched it to pay the £15,000 transfer fee?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Vale subsequently sell him for a million? That was more in the way of investment, knowing Rudgie's eye for a player. 

5 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

The bulk of the Beckford money was raised via a raffle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

The bulk of the Beckford money was raised via a raffle. 

How about a seat lottery for ST holders, so much a ticket?

Just now, Fosse69 said:

How about a seat lottery for ST holders, so much a ticket?

I liked Joe’s idea of a Bring a Fiver Day. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I liked Joe’s idea of a Bring a Fiver Day. 

The simpler the better and easier to manage.