robf

Completion of the Lorne St stand

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

Why?

Because I feel that to get the required level of enthusiasm you need to feel you are buying into something in some way. We all already donate to the club. Just my feeling Doha.

I think that very much is the case (buying into something.) This isn't fundraising to get legal advice vis a vis gorm, or starting legal proceedings against Miller and Deakin like efforts in the past. There's a tangible end product out of this, a 20 year overdue new stand you'll be able to physically see and utilise.

We're at £1100 in just over 2 hours which is job done by Cheltenham away at that rate. The important thing now is to get this link everywhere including pinned to the front pages of OVF/PVO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

The important thing now is to get this link everywhere including pinned to the front pages of OVF/PVO.

Give us a chance 😛

But in all seriousness, yes I definitely will already have promoted it. 

There's now a banner on the top of all OVF pages.

:upthevale:

3 minutes ago, robf said:

Give us a chance 😛

Just saw that when I refreshed the page, excellent!

Be nice if Keith Ryder or Debbie could bung a few quid to gofundme like they did for the legal advice fund :shifty:

Edited by Doha

We can do this and I do think we can easily pass the 100k mark as well so can't wait to see the stand finished. It will be a great family stand, I've used the bycars end with all my 3 boys when they were young sitting at the front up the corner by the disabled stand only because the boys can mess about up the corner and are safe and not getting in anyone's way and plus the toilets and food kiosk are in quick reach. Let's show the Carol and Kevin a massive thank you and give them something back they so deserve our support VTWD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robf said:

Give us a chance 😛

There's also a front page story here - https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2020/02/port-vale-supporters-club-launch-go-fund-me-page-for-lorne-st-stand-fundraiser/ this gets picked up by the likes of NewsNow and Google News so it should help pass the word around.

48 minutes ago, toyahw said:

It will make a few k and then look embarrassing. People on here are so naïve. Shoot me down if I am wrong.  

Ok. Shut the Fock up

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Ok. Shut the Fock up

I’ll second that. Always amazes me how Vale fans are so negative and small minded about something that’s is so positive and will benefit our club.

I can’t wait until that stand is finished, and we are no longer ‘cash strapped Port Vale’ but a progressive club with a 20k all seater stadium that can offer families modern and safe facilities that will help to grow our fan base. 

• Like 1

My way of looking at this is if season ticket prices had gone up by £25,  I would have still had one. So if 4k season ticket holders donated £25 each we have the £100K. 

So that's what I will donate.

I totally agree with the supporters club on this. Not so much because I think the stand needs to be finished but more what it represents.

Finishing the stand will build on the momentum we have under Carol & Kevin and demonstrates that not only are Vale on the up on the pitch, but we’re on the up off the pitch too. Makes the club more attractive to sponsors too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, barny61 said:

My way of looking at this is if season ticket prices had gone up by £25,  I would have still had one. So if 4k season ticket holders donated £25 each we have the £100K. 

So that's what I will donate.

But they have froze season tickets prices. Are you paying an extra £25 for yours? 

31 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

But they have froze season tickets prices. Are you paying an extra £25 for yours? 

I know they have ! So I'm donating £25 to the Lorne st stand so you could say yes I'm paying an extra £25.

Will donate in a bit.

This needs a bigger advertising campaign. Surely the Sentinel can do a big article on it on the back page, and Radio Stoke can hammer it on P&G?

Will the club at least tweet a link to the fundraiser?

Buckets are going to be needed at home games; I know loads of elderly fans who don't use the internet/gofundme and work in cash who would definitely donate.

Its a good start to get a couple of grand overnight but this needs to be relentlessly pushed for a few weeks, whilst the playoff buzz is there, if we're going to make any significant dent in the total. We can't just make a gofundme and leave it. This needs a dedicated committee whose role is to promote and organise fundraising efforts for this.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ideas to pass on to the organisers:

Bring a Fiver Day - Every fan encouraged to bring an extra £5 note to the club for a designated home game (Crewe would be most sensible due to crowds). Its not a massive amount which most will be able to afford, but if you had 4-5,000 all putting £5 (even if they've already donated) into bucket collectors around the ground, thats £20-25,000 immediately. Would need relentless pushing all week on forums, social media, RS, and Sentinel, and maybe even a cursory retweet by the club.

Open Day - The club have mentioned they would like to bring back open days in the future - can something be done if we had one of these?

Events at SC meetings - Do fans have old Vale memorabilia they'd be willing to put up to auction at a SC meeting? Maybe bidding for the opportunity to watch training, meet the players, tour of the ground on match day (all with consent from the club). Get Colin Askey to sign some 53/54 stuff, get Earle, Taylor, Van Der Laan to sign some stuff. Have an auction night. Proper razzmatazz. At the club, few quid entry, suited and booted, get a few legends to show up for a chat/sit at tables.

Wealthy fans - have our fans with a few bob been personally contacted to see if they would get involved? Autonet bloke etc. Even people from back in the day like Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry - maybe willing to part for a few quid for a bit of good press? The Club clearly have good relations with Robbie at present; maybe he has some money he can part with? We can call it the Robbie Williams Stand if he wants, I don't care.

Obviously some of these are over-ambitious but with a bit of creativity this could be successful. Its just going to require a lot of work from a few people.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 2