onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Completion of the Lorne St stand

robf

On 29/02/2020 at 12:49, Doha said:

Howjys idea of a banner across the Lorne street for the last 6 games is a good one.

I’m able to go to both Crawley and Bradford at home. I’ll be paying individually for each rather than using the offer that’s on. I’m doing that deliberately to get that extra few quid to the Shanahans.

It is not hyperbole to suggest that had we not gotten Mr Walrus out, there is a very high percentage chance the threads on OVF would be concerning things like committee votes on the Phoenix club structure and using the councils community asset scheme to help get the ground back. 

They overpaid millions to stop a really quite pathetic little weasel from liquidating out of pure spite. Would you like to know the exact words he used in private? They were “kill the club to spite burslem and get his own back”. 

I’m not sure everyone realises the extent of how mentally abnormal that bloke is, realises the reality of what he was prepared to do to stroke his ego, and realises how much the Shanahans outrageously, ridiculously overpaid to stop it happening. I do, and for that reason they can have a few more quid out of me at every opportunity. If they didn’t do what they did there wouldn’t be a club to donate to, fact. We’d be like Bury, but worse. 

And so for that reason, get this link spread about and donate what you can to the Lorne street. Get the eyesore finished and close the chapter on 20 years of abysmal owners and management. We’ve got two proper owners now and they’re sound, give back a little bit as and when you can as if it wasn’t for them L2 would have no relegation spots at all this year. 

I'll never forget Fatty's last rant on Radio Stoke. He was clearly deranged and really showed his true colours. If we can help C & K in any way then we all should. If you cannot help financially then maybe help with collection buckets etc. If we can get this part of Lorne St fully functioning and family orientated it would be brilliant.

Advert

11 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Could we Raffle signed shirts and ball on the away coaches? Not just the club coaches but Charlie's coaches too? Every bit helps, theres 5 away games left.

Charlie’s coaches have been doing raffles for signed shirts and football cards for years.

I know the pitch needs its time during the off season to recover, plus the RW gig this year, but I am sure we could run a 5 a side comp, spliting the pitch into 4 small areas  over a weekend with facilities used to provide extra income etc. A nice trophy and get age groups involved?  

Well I am sure we can all think of a way to help.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-signing-he-goes-above-3912825

Speedy may disagree 🙂

On 03/03/2020 at 15:06, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
On 03/03/2020 at 12:43, robf said:
I'm totally in favour of sponsorship. We've had it on stands for years and if you don't like it then you can still call them the Railway, the Bycars etc...
It's the same with stadium sponsorship for me. I bet plenty of Walsall fans call the Bank's stadium, the Bescot, but I bet the money generated by that deal helps the club.

The way I have always thought I am sure Bradford Fans still say Valley Parade. If it generates money then I am all for the blah blah Stadium at Vale Park etc.

Exactly. I don't care what they call the stadium, it'll always be Vale Park to supporters , but if it means bringing in a load of money then go ahead

On 05/03/2020 at 19:53, ginginator said:

I know the pitch needs its time during the off season to recover, plus the RW gig this year, but I am sure we could run a 5 a side comp, spliting the pitch into 4 small areas  over a weekend with facilities used to provide extra income etc. A nice trophy and get age groups involved?  

Well I am sure we can all think of a way to help.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-signing-he-goes-above-3912825

Speedy may disagree 🙂

Use the pitches at the back.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, andy jones said:

It's Saturday, no pub no footie, may as well get a bit of pleasure getting the appeal over £9k

And a lot of folk, me included, have been laid off work.

the fundraising will kick in again once this emergency is over, the footie starts and bucket collections at home games.

8 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Seats are going in, so the club aren't standing still on this.  Concourse will obviously have to wait until calmer times return.🙏

Yes, according to Carol, they had already bought the seats in readiness for the Robbie concert, even though the concert probably now won’t go ahead.

Archived