onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Completion of the Lorne St stand

robf

Advert

V2001 did a thing whereby you had your name put on your seat for, i think, £20. 

I had one for myself and one in memory of my father who passed in the early 70’s.

Maybe something like this would be a good idea, especially if we do so remembering Valiants no longer with us. 

But congratulations must go to the supporters club for their positive action and all people who have supported their initiative. 

2 hours ago, TheSage said:

Didn't we raise about 12k to buy Darren Beckford a long time ago? Probably just a bucket collection then. I paid for his big toe I'm sure of it!

But as you say, when broken down, it isn't as daunting as it seems. But hopefully if it trickles in steadily we might be able to get some sponsorship deal to complete the task.

One thing is for sure. If Norman had started the campaign we'd have zero donated by now. In some ways it's a reflection of how far we've come in a short space of time.

It was £15000 people sold tickets @50p to anyone who would buy one. 
Crowds were 2 to 3k in those days and admission was £2 so if you add a zero to both amounts to get roughly today’s equivalent. We are actually raising less money adjusted for inflation and at least the Stand won’t get sold to Norwich

11 minutes ago, JohnJames said:

It was £15000 people sold tickets @50p to anyone who would buy one. 
Crowds were 2 to 3k in those days and admission was £2 so if you add a zero to both amounts to get roughly today’s equivalent. We are actually raising less money adjusted for inflation and at least the Stand won’t get sold to Norwich

Splitting hairs a bit but wasn't it £7,500? Beckford cost £15,000 and the deal was that the board would match whatever the fans could raise. 

I remember the bucket collections on the terraces for it.

36 minutes ago, robf said:

Splitting hairs a bit but wasn't it £7,500? Beckford cost £15,000 and the deal was that the board would match whatever the fans could raise. 

I remember the bucket collections on the terraces for it.

Yes rob,I think that’s correct.

I'm ready to make a donation but I just want to be sure there's not going to be 'pledges' set up such as sponsoring a seat etc?

If this is potentially on the cards I'd like to do this as I'm looking to do something for my dad's birthday as he isn't really well enough to attend these days 

I'm ready to make a donation but I just want to be sure there's not going to be 'pledges' set up such as sponsoring a seat etc?
If this is potentially on the cards I'd like to do this as I'm looking to do something for my dad's birthday as he isn't really well enough to attend these days 
From what I gather this js for contrustion costs the concourse etc. The seasts were already planned to be fitted for the concert. The concern was the concourse and turning it into the family stand. I stand to be corrected.

11 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

is it true the crowd funding system takes 2.9pc of all donations?? I tried to check on the donation page, but the "how it works" section wont come up. 

If that’s true, we’d be better off sticking cash into buckets at the ground.

31 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

is it true the crowd funding system takes 2.9pc of all donations?? I tried to check on the donation page, but the "how it works" section wont come up. 

From the site..

"Please note that there is a small fee deducted from each donation (2.9%+25p) by Go Fund Me which covers their costs. If you do not want to donate using Go Fund Me page and pay directly to the fund by bank transfer, please email [email protected] and we will send you the account details."

Archived