onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Completion of the Lorne St stand

robf

Mine's gone in--we now hav a total of £2835 donated by 81 donors with some a lot more generous than me.  Only £97,165 more to go and  say 4,919 more donors required.  And thanks to the generosity of those who've made donations bigger than £20 the amount required form those remaing 4919 donors is only £19.75 each--come on, get your credit cards out and let's help the club.  Up the Vale!!!

Advert

Howjys idea of a banner across the Lorne street for the last 6 games is a good one.

I’m able to go to both Crawley and Bradford at home. I’ll be paying individually for each rather than using the offer that’s on. I’m doing that deliberately to get that extra few quid to the Shanahans.

It is not hyperbole to suggest that had we not gotten Mr Walrus out, there is a very high percentage chance the threads on OVF would be concerning things like committee votes on the Phoenix club structure and using the councils community asset scheme to help get the ground back. 

They overpaid millions to stop a really quite pathetic little weasel from liquidating out of pure spite. Would you like to know the exact words he used in private? They were “kill the club to spite burslem and get his own back”. 

I’m not sure everyone realises the extent of how mentally abnormal that bloke is, realises the reality of what he was prepared to do to stroke his ego, and realises how much the Shanahans outrageously, ridiculously overpaid to stop it happening. I do, and for that reason they can have a few more quid out of me at every opportunity. If they didn’t do what they did there wouldn’t be a club to donate to, fact. We’d be like Bury, but worse. 

And so for that reason, get this link spread about and donate what you can to the Lorne street. Get the eyesore finished and close the chapter on 20 years of abysmal owners and management. We’ve got two proper owners now and they’re sound, give back a little bit as and when you can as if it wasn’t for them L2 would have no relegation spots at all this year. 

This is a fantastic idea and well done to all who donate. Not sure why my post was deleted before but I've been told by a very good source that the stand will be paid for by RW and will  be written off in tax somehow. Dont shoot the messenger. What is the plan for the money if what I've been told is true? 

1 hour ago, WV said:

This is a fantastic idea and well done to all who donate. Not sure why my post was deleted before but I've been told by a very good source that the stand will be paid for by RW and will  be written off in tax somehow. Dont shoot the messenger. What is the plan for the money if what I've been told is true? 

First thing to do is sort out the rumours, no doubt the football club and supporters club know the reality.

16 hours ago, Conrad said:

Over 3k now in just over 24 hours.

I'm guessing Mark et al have al will be posting a regular Bulletin of donations from all 'streams' e.g. GoFundMe, bucket collections, other sources.

Most of us can can see the GoFundMe donations, but it would be great to see the 'combined progress to date'.

Apologies if this is already in place 😎

Didn't we raise about 12k to buy Darren Beckford a long time ago? Probably just a bucket collection then. I paid for his big toe I'm sure of it!

But as you say, when broken down, it isn't as daunting as it seems. But hopefully if it trickles in steadily we might be able to get some sponsorship deal to complete the task.

One thing is for sure. If Norman had started the campaign we'd have zero donated by now. In some ways it's a reflection of how far we've come in a short space of time.

3 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Didn't the fans raise £7,500 through bucket collections and the directors then matched it to pay the £15,000 transfer fee?

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Vale subsequently sell him for a million? That was more in the way of investment, knowing Rudgie's eye for a player. 

Archived