onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Completion of the Lorne St stand

robf

Advert

8 hours ago, JohnJames said:

Ok. Shut the Fock up

I’ll second that. Always amazes me how Vale fans are so negative and small minded about something that’s is so positive and will benefit our club.

I can’t wait until that stand is finished, and we are no longer ‘cash strapped Port Vale’ but a progressive club with a 20k all seater stadium that can offer families modern and safe facilities that will help to grow our fan base. 

I totally agree with the supporters club on this. Not so much because I think the stand needs to be finished but more what it represents.

Finishing the stand will build on the momentum we have under Carol & Kevin and demonstrates that not only are Vale on the up on the pitch, but we’re on the up off the pitch too. Makes the club more attractive to sponsors too.

16 minutes ago, barny61 said:

My way of looking at this is if season ticket prices had gone up by £25,  I would have still had one. So if 4k season ticket holders donated £25 each we have the £100K. 

So that's what I will donate.

But they have froze season tickets prices. Are you paying an extra £25 for yours? 

Will donate in a bit.

This needs a bigger advertising campaign. Surely the Sentinel can do a big article on it on the back page, and Radio Stoke can hammer it on P&G?

Will the club at least tweet a link to the fundraiser?

Buckets are going to be needed at home games; I know loads of elderly fans who don't use the internet/gofundme and work in cash who would definitely donate.

Its a good start to get a couple of grand overnight but this needs to be relentlessly pushed for a few weeks, whilst the playoff buzz is there, if we're going to make any significant dent in the total. We can't just make a gofundme and leave it. This needs a dedicated committee whose role is to promote and organise fundraising efforts for this.

Ideas to pass on to the organisers:

Bring a Fiver Day - Every fan encouraged to bring an extra £5 note to the club for a designated home game (Crewe would be most sensible due to crowds). Its not a massive amount which most will be able to afford, but if you had 4-5,000 all putting £5 (even if they've already donated) into bucket collectors around the ground, thats £20-25,000 immediately. Would need relentless pushing all week on forums, social media, RS, and Sentinel, and maybe even a cursory retweet by the club.

Open Day - The club have mentioned they would like to bring back open days in the future - can something be done if we had one of these?

Events at SC meetings - Do fans have old Vale memorabilia they'd be willing to put up to auction at a SC meeting? Maybe bidding for the opportunity to watch training, meet the players, tour of the ground on match day (all with consent from the club). Get Colin Askey to sign some 53/54 stuff, get Earle, Taylor, Van Der Laan to sign some stuff. Have an auction night. Proper razzmatazz. At the club, few quid entry, suited and booted, get a few legends to show up for a chat/sit at tables.

Wealthy fans - have our fans with a few bob been personally contacted to see if they would get involved? Autonet bloke etc. Even people from back in the day like Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry - maybe willing to part for a few quid for a bit of good press? The Club clearly have good relations with Robbie at present; maybe he has some money he can part with? We can call it the Robbie Williams Stand if he wants, I don't care.

Obviously some of these are over-ambitious but with a bit of creativity this could be successful. Its just going to require a lot of work from a few people.

We don't have bottomless pockets like certain clubs financed by betting companies do - but that's not the reason for our doing this.

It's not a question of whether it could be funded by other means - it's a way of expressing solidarity with what Carol and Kevin are doing.  Personally I'm going to follow Barny's lead above and give my £25 as a season ticket holder. Even if it doesn't raise the full amount we can at least say that we've bought into the social revolution that is the present day Port Vale Football Club. 

13 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Will donate in a bit.

This needs a bigger advertising campaign. Surely the Sentinel can do a big article on it on the back page, and Radio Stoke can hammer it on P&G?

Will the club at least tweet a link to the fundraiser?

Buckets are going to be needed at home games; I know loads of elderly fans who don't use the internet/gofundme and work in cash who would definitely donate.

Its a good start to get a couple of grand overnight but this needs to be relentlessly pushed for a few weeks, whilst the playoff buzz is there, if we're going to make any significant dent in the total. We can't just make a gofundme and leave it. This needs a dedicated committee whose role is to promote and organise fundraising efforts for this.

Agree entirely on all points. Especially as we’re nearing the end of the season, we don’t want this to fizzle out.

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Ideas to pass on to the organisers:

Bring a Fiver Day - Every fan encouraged to bring an extra £5 note to the club for a designated home game (Crewe would be most sensible due to crowds). Its not a massive amount which most will be able to afford, but if you had 4-5,000 all putting £5 (even if they've already donated) into bucket collectors around the ground, thats £20-25,000 immediately. Would need relentless pushing all week on forums, social media, RS, and Sentinel, and maybe even a cursory retweet by the club.

Open Day - The club have mentioned they would like to bring back open days in the future - can something be done if we had one of these?

Events at SC meetings - Do fans have old Vale memorabilia they'd be willing to put up to auction at a SC meeting? Maybe bidding for the opportunity to watch training, meet the players, tour of the ground on match day (all with consent from the club). Get Colin Askey to sign some 53/54 stuff, get Earle, Taylor, Van Der Laan to sign some stuff. Have an auction night. Proper razzmatazz. At the club, few quid entry, suited and booted, get a few legends to show up for a chat/sit at tables.

Wealthy fans - have our fans with a few bob been personally contacted to see if they would get involved? Autonet bloke etc. Even people from back in the day like Mark Sims and Mo Chaudry - maybe willing to part for a few quid for a bit of good press? The Club clearly have good relations with Robbie at present; maybe he has some money he can part with? We can call it the Robbie Williams Stand if he wants, I don't care.

Obviously some of these are over-ambitious but with a bit of creativity this could be successful. Its just going to require a lot of work from a few people.

It was mentioned at the sc meeting that we  won’t be contacting current sponsors such as auto net etc, but if they want to donate of their own accord then great.

I guess that you only have to look at the Sproson statue and the hard work and time that was devoted into getting that funded and finished.  I believe that it was started by a small fan group, collecting money and fund raising using football cards, car booters and the likes, not so much of the social media type stuff and crowd funding.  It took an awful lot of effort and with help eventually got over the line.  What an achievement that was, it took time and hard work but look at the result. 

Just now, Conrad said:

It was mentioned at the sc meeting that we  won’t be contacting current sponsors such as auto net etc, but if they want to donate of their own accord then great.

Ah OK, is there a reason for that?

It wouldn't have anything to do with altering their current sponsorship deals with the club - just an email/tweet to say 'Hi Donno, we've got a fundraiser, got a spare few quid?'.

Or an email 'Hi Mo, we've got a fundraiser, we'll make a big song and dance if you donate'.

Archived