onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cheltenham tickets on sale

Jacko51

I'm a little disappointed with the response to this game.  After 2,300 at Walsall I was hoping we'd take four figures again here.  90 Miles down the motorway and a great chippy just along the road.  What's not to like?!

At the Supporters Club meeting last week Carol was asking what the club could do ensure that regular fans got tickets for the last few away games because if we continue in the play off places, demand might well exceed supply for some of the games, especially the last one at Plymouth.  If the response to the Cheltenham game is anything to go by it shouldn't be a problem though which is a bit sad.

I believe the Ticket Office are keeping a record of who is purchasing tickets for Saturday and the ticket stubs may well be useful at some future date.  I appreciate that finances are an issue with away games but I hope enough of us will make the effort when the club needs our support more than ever at this time.

To misquote Delia, come on Valiants, let's be 'aving you!

Advert

I, too, Jean, am a bit disappointed at the response for this game.

I understand about fans finances etc but this is an easy stadium to get to and the lads need us behind them more so then ever now if we want to attempt to get a play off place.

Cheltenham are a team in form too and this is a ground in a lovely part of the country.  Come on Valiants, get yourselves interested, make the effort to back the Team.

52 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I'm a little disappointed with the response to this game.  After 2,300 at Walsall I was hoping we'd take four figures again here.  90 Miles down the motorway and a great chippy just along the road.  What's not to like?!

At the Supporters Club meeting last week Carol was asking what the club could do ensure that regular fans got tickets for the last few away games because if we continue in the play off places, demand might well exceed supply for some of the games, especially the last one at Plymouth.  If the response to the Cheltenham game is anything to go by it shouldn't be a problem though which is a bit sad.

I believe the Ticket Office are keeping a record of who is purchasing tickets for Saturday and the ticket stubs may well be useful at some future date.  I appreciate that finances are an issue with away games but I hope enough of us will make the effort when the club needs our support more than ever at this time.

Many will be saving their pennies for Oldham I reckon. 

Some good points made by people. It is one hour 50 by car and that's going steady. Nice town centre in the main for those wanting a few sherbets. 

We should take 1000 plus here . Can't help thinking that people have over estimated the remaining away games.

Oldham 1200 maybe ( usually poor support there compared to going Bury )

Carlisle and Cambridge 500 each

Plymouth 400 to 3000 depending what's on it .

We certainly don't need to be offering one per season ticket. 

And why has this happened ? Because people who go regularly but can't afford a season ticket didn't know a single season ticket holder who could get them a Man City ticket !! 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Some good points made by people. It is one hour 50 by car and that's going steady. Nice town centre in the main for those wanting a few sherbets. 

We should take 1000 plus here . Can't help thinking that people have over estimated the remaining away games.

Oldham 1200 maybe ( usually poor support there compared to going Bury )

Carlisle and Cambridge 500 each

Plymouth 400 to 3000 depending what's on it .

We certainly don't need to be offering one per season ticket. 

And why has this happened ? Because people who go regularly but can't afford a season ticket didn't know a single season ticket holder who could get them a Man City ticket !! 

I think we may take a decent number to Carlisle. I know a lot who have already booked trains etc for a day on the pop, whereas I hardly know anyone going Saturday. 

I hope they are taking note of who buys them, because I dont want to miss out on plymouth, already booked my hotel!!

I dont want to miss out on plymouth either. I'm not a season ticket holder but have been to colchester,bradford,cheltenham,scunthorpe,mancity,stevenage,swindon,northampton,walsall away and every home came bar forest green and exeter due to work and cant go grimsby either. I'm going saturday and plan go to the other away games but dont want miss out on plymouth due to a season ticket holder that may have missed quite a few home games and only been man city and crewe all of a sudden deciding they want go plymouth. 

1 hour ago, cheshirevaliant said:

I think we may take a decent number to Carlisle. I know a lot who have already booked trains etc for a day on the pop, whereas I hardly know anyone going Saturday. 

Oldham got a big away end holds something like 3000 so dont need worry to get a ticket for that. Carlise is a straight run on train from crewe which is usually why crewe take about 500 there and us only take 250 but this time we will take more  

5 hours ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Many will be saving their pennies for Oldham I reckon. 

Could well be. Vale fans travel in greater numbers to the north than they do to the south. Don't know why but it seems to follow - there are obvious exceptions, like those that travelled to Wycombe or Brighton, but they were promotion games.

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

Could well be. Vale fans travel in greater numbers to the north than they do to the south. Don't know why but it seems to follow - there are obvious exceptions, like those that travelled to Wycombe or Brighton, but they were promotion games.

Because the road home is down hill

I dont want to miss out on plymouth either. I'm not a season ticket holder but have been to colchester,bradford,cheltenham,scunthorpe,mancity,stevenage,swindon,northampton,walsall away and every home came bar forest green and exeter due to work and cant go grimsby either. I'm going saturday and plan go to the other away games but dont want miss out on plymouth due to a season ticket holder that may have missed quite a few home games and only been man city and crewe all of a sudden deciding they want go plymouth. 
That's your view but I'm a season ticket holder who put money into the club upfront when the prices were first announced.

The fact I and others did this allowed the owners to budget for the season and build the squad that has gone on to do so well.

If we hadn't bought season tickets the owners may not have been able to invest in the players that they did.

A weaker squad may not have performed as well as we have and you may have decided to keep your money in your back pocket rather than spend it on tickets to watch a struggling team.

There is a reason why season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets and your view is pretty blinkered to your situation.

I hope you get a ticket as you are clearly an avid fan but to imply that someone else is less deserving than you is unfair. Especially if that someone invested almost blindly in the squad and as in the circumstance you described has given money to the club for games that they were unable to go to.

I’d sooner we had an extra thousand on the next home attendance than take them to Cheltenham.Season Ticket holders should ALWAYS have first dibs on tickets.How many would be going on Saturday if we had nothing to play for?I can’t travel long distances anymore but I’ve seen every home match this season including all cup games.

13 hours ago, wotsyobeef said:

but to imply that someone else is less deserving than you is unfair.

What about people who live miles out of the area and/or often work weekends for whom buying a season ticket is pointless as they can only fit a small number of games in? It’s a pain in the arse enough already to get tickets for away games as they can’t always be posted out in time if it’s a numbers restricted away match. 

I have in the past held a ST even though I could barely use it just to put the money in the club. Next week I’m paying separately instead of using the offer for Bradford and Crawley just to put the extra few quid in the club. I inefficiently use annual leave days to try to get to certain  matches. I travelled just under 14,000 miles in 5 days in 2013 to fly back for the Rochdale and Northampton games. Should a ST ticket holder in Sneyd Green or Seabridge who has it easy getting to Vale have had priority over the many Vale fans like me who live miles away or don’t work MF 9-5 in getting a home ticket for that Northampton match? 

Archived