• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

If the lockdown restrictions are being lifted by what's been suggested by one newspaper.... about October. 

The suggested lifting to happen first isn't really lifting anything.... ie more than one hours exercise is not a change to what's available now.... the other "lifts" aren't really lifts either.

But that's what a paper is suggesting will happen..... best wait and see.

3 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

It’s no good reaching the 100 000 target if you have to wait 10 days for the results because of a back log 

I don't disagree but it doesn't answer the question I asked.

It's been suggested Boris's increased test target is/will be based on capacity not actual tests.

6 minutes ago, geosname said:

Was the target capacity or actual tests?

Actual was spouted for a month,  but that needs a lot more capacity. Johnson was forced to admit  the next target  of 200, 000  will be capacity. To me test results should be the figure , not the figure when the  sample is taken taken, that would be the real achievement.

2 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Actual was spouted for a month,  but that needs a lot more capacity. Johnson was forced to admit  the next target  of 200, 000  will be capacity. To me test results should be the figure , not the figure when the  sample is taken taken, that would be the real achievement.

Don't disagree mate.... a test isn't a test until it's complete.

It's like saying we are going to have 250,000 A level tests in june..... but only 60 people turn up.

Advert:

1 hour ago, TheSage said:

You mean like South Korea, Taiwan and Germany?

Nothing at all either to do with quality of leadership

You’ve raised a good point there. If what New Zealand have done was so easy to do as that video makes out. It makes me wonder why Germany didn’t do the exact same thing. They could have saved 7,342 lives. But just didn’t bother. 

Same can be said for France, Italy and Spain who are all now close to 30,000 deaths each. Reading this thread it seems that its purely Boris Johnson’s fault we have our death toll.

So France, Italy and Spain etc all should have tiny death tolls with their superior leaders.  🤔 If what you guys say is correct. Yes? 

But they don’t, how very strange. 

23 minutes ago, valiant said:

You’ve raised a good point there. If what New Zealand have done was so easy to do as that video makes out. It makes me wonder why Germany didn’t do the exact same thing. They could have saved 7,342 lives. But just didn’t bother. 

Same can be said for France, Italy and Spain who are all now close to 30,000 deaths each. Reading this thread it seems that its purely Boris Johnson’s fault we have our death toll.

So France, Italy and Spain etc all should have tiny death tolls with their superior leaders.  🤔 If what you guys say is correct. Yes? 

Isn’t that like trying to win a competition to be the tallest dwarf? 

pointing out other countries that haven’t done brilliantly doesn’t absolve Boris I’m afraid 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

Isn’t that like trying to win a competition to be the tallest dwarf? 

pointing out other countries that haven’t done brilliantly doesn’t absolve Boris I’m afraid 

It kinda does. You can’t have it both ways. You can have your own opinion but you can’t have your own facts. 

The going rate for countries in our area of the world with a similar size population to us 🌍 is 30,000 deaths. 

France, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Belgium and Spain are All in the Top 8 death tolls on the planet. Europe has been a very hard hit area. With people asymptotically spreading this virus since December 2019. 

So i’m not sure where this expectation that we should have the lowest deaths comes from. Very early on modelling suggested the UK could end up with over 500,000 deaths.

But now having similar 30,000 numbers to our European equivalents is for some reason considered a failure by a few people on here.  

Where has this expectation that we should be automatically outperforming similar countries by huge margins come from? It’s totally unrealistic. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Absolutely on the money Doha. Where is this Buffoon taking us.

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Absolutely on the money Doha. Where is this Buffoon taking us.

Don’t worry Tommy,Keir’ll Fix It.

Advert:

10 hours ago, valiant said:

Where has this expectation that we should be automatically outperforming similar countries by huge margins come from? It’s totally unrealistic. 

It is called exceptionalism

9 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Really?  That's crass at best under the current circumstances.  I think the NHS has shown just what a valuable asset it is in these last few months.

It's amazing how some of you, maybe not you geo, will put the Tories beyond reproach but will happily criticise the very service that has actually been saving lives despite the treatment this government has systematically given them for 10 years...

Absolute bottom feeders some of you lot are.

The NHS needs protecting every time a curry house produces a bad vindaloo.

It needs redesigning from the roots up to achieve what it was conceived for.

Paliative, geriatric, mental are 3 areas lacking but that's the tip of the iceburg. 

I don't put the Tories or any political party above rat level...... smart but in a pinch would eat their own to survive.

13 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No it doesnt, it needs the 350M a week Borris promised them in 2016.

I think that figure has left Dodge .Equivalent to a round of drinks compared to what has and is getting put in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No it doesnt, it needs the 350M a week Borris promised them in 2016.

It wouldn't be enough mate...... it doesn't cover the needs of the nation as it should.

The NHS has been underfunded since 1948

Advert:

7 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Dont be ridiculous.  You dont think 18.2 Billion a year would be significant?  That's what everyone's hero promised!

It's ok though, we'll just give them a round of applause once a week instead 🙄

Grow up.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, valiant said:

The problem with Boris is that he has been missing in action for a while during the crisis.  Firstly because he was fannying about abroad for three weeks on holiday, then two weeks at Chevening, on holiday, then three weeks out of action with the virus.  The latter was partly his own fault because of his reckless behaviour hand shaking and not taking proper care of himself.

He can hardly be said to have had his finger on the pulse since the start of this crisis so he must accept the criticism that is coming his way for his inaction.