Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

We are all looking at Germany with jealousy and it shows what a difference good government can make.  They are in a good poition to remove a lot of the lockdown restrictions and Merkel has negociated with all 16 states a clause that should the virus spread again a lockdown will be re-applied. Their testing and tracing from the beginning has been done logically and they are now confident they know enough of where the virus is to reopen safely.

In contrast we haven`t yet hit the governments own target of 100,000 people tested in a day(tests posted out hurriedly don`t count for me).  

How can any business plan to re-open if they don`t know until Sunday what the plan (if any) is for the following day?

This government have got little right in this crisis being too slow to react and organise in the early stages and now it looks like being too hasty and unprepared to lift the lockdown. No wonder we have one of the worst death tallies in the world and yet Boris proclaims it a success, then again there are tales of people hallucinating in intensive care with this. 

Absolutely spot on. We can learn from other countries, even European countries.

6 hours ago, geosname said:

It's disappointing that temperature checks are not carried out as standard before people are granted access to buildings.

It's not definitive proof but a fever is an indicator.

A simple instrument placed near, no contact, to a person's forehead gives a digital reading.

It's been standard practice here for weeks, all shops, malls, precincts, government buildings, airports etc have someone at the entrance to check incoming and offering sanitizer on entry.

Some supermarkets also sanitize the trolly before you take it.

Bet 365 call centre were taking temperatures weeks ago ,on arrival,geo.

Advert:

It's disappointing that temperature checks are not carried out as standard before people are granted access to buildings.

A simple instrument placed near, no contact, to a person's forehead gives a digital reading.

It's been standard practice here for weeks, all shops, malls, precincts, government buildings, airports etc have someone at the entrance to check incoming and offering sanitizer on entry.

I see the government have decided to take advantage of the crisis to start privatising the nhs now. That is why Deloitte are doing the testing and probably why it is apparently a shambles with GP`s not being informed of the results.

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I didnt say me did I, I said some on here are envying the german model for example... ironic

I didn't say you did..... I said you may.... I have no idea what, if anything, ignites your green eyed monster, or if you have one.

1 hour ago, bycars rob said:

We are all looking at Germany

I know people from England are obsessed with beating Germany due to the war. But it’s getting ridiculous. They only ever had a small outbreak of Covid-19 at a much later stage, mostly from Young people coming back from Ski trips in Italy. They had the advantage of being able to call on 100 of the world’s best testing labs being based in Germany that actually invented the Covid-19 test. So, could do over 100,000s of tests from day one and They have excellent mostly Privately funded health care system.

And yet they still have the 8th highest death toll in the world.

So, there are around 187 countries currently out performing Germany that you could pick to hold up as shining examples but still its always Germany that only ever gets mentioned.

Enough of making everything England Vs Germany. We need to move on from the war.

10 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

I see the government have decided to take advantage of the crisis to start privatising the nhs now. That is why Deloitte are doing the testing and probably why it is apparently a shambles with GP`s not being informed of the results.

Nothing wrong with privatisation,ask the Germans?

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

You really are losing it now. 30000 deaths record number of cases 649 deaths today. And what do you ask, did they vote Tory, can we trust the NHS. As you can see people are now seriously asking the question can we trust Johnson?

I was joking.

Advert:

8 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Deloitte are doing some of the testing because the NHS can’t do all the tests in a reasonable enough time, don’t forget they are not just doing Covid tests but also all other normal routine blood tests.

doesnt mean the government are looking to privatise the nhs at all.

The Bank of England has warned that the coronavirus pandemic will push the UK economy towards its deepest recession on record.

It said the economy was on course to shrink 14% this year, based on the lockdown being relaxed in June.

Scenarios drawn up by the Bank to illustrate the economic impact said Covid-19 was "dramatically reducing jobs and incomes in the UK".