Coronavirus

robf

My daughter has just spoken to a friend who works in the prison service who has started with corona symptoms , she had the test on Sunday and was told the results would be Tuesday or Wednesday this week ,she rang them today to find out the results and was told it will be at least another 7 days as they have a significant back log  so what’s the point in testing 100000 a day when you have to wait 10/11 days for the results

Advert:

4 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

record number of cases 649 deaths today. 

Have you added Nicola Sturgeon and her scientific teams figures and others etc to get a higher figure to blame Boris for?

As when I saw the figures for England on TV earlier today they were much lower than that.

Does anyone have a link that gives us updates for England? I wish Scotland, wales and Northern Ireland all the best. But as I live in England I want to follow what’s happening here. But I can’t find a site that gives the stats for England.

Thank you in advance for any links. 😎👍🏻

Stay Safe Valiants.

11 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

This ^^

Our lockdown has been pathetic.  How can we call it a lockdown when I can visit multiple supermarkets, go out for long walks, nip to b and q, pick up a chinese takeaway and call in bargain booze?  

My concern is that the lockdown could be partially lifted on Sunday. What with 6000 plus new cases today, and 649 deaths, on what basis is the situation improving sufficiently to unlock the lockdown 

It won’t do until there is a vaccine but we cannot lockdown forever. The whole idea of the lockdown was so the NHS could cope and it has so in far as a lockdown it has worked. Unfortunately deaths are inevitable until a cure is found but every week that goes by there will be more deaths in another capacity and it is finding the right time to lift the lockdown.

47 minutes ago, valiant said:

Have you added Nicola Sturgeon and her scientific teams figures and others etc to get a higher figure to blame Boris for?

As when I saw the figures for England on TV earlier today they were much lower than that.

Does anyone have a link that gives us updates for England? I wish Scotland, wales and Northern Ireland all the best. But as I live in England I want to follow what’s happening here. But I can’t find a site that gives the stats for England.

Stay Safe Valiants.

The English figures are released on the BBC News website at 15 00 daily, the UK figures are released an hour later. By memory approx 350 deaths in England today. I never stated my figures were the English ones. What ever way you look at it there is no comfort for your beloved Boris.

Advert:

It's disappointing that temperature checks are not carried out as standard before people are granted access to buildings.

It's not definitive proof but a fever is an indicator.

A simple instrument placed near, no contact, to a person's forehead gives a digital reading.

It's been standard practice here for weeks, all shops, malls, precincts, government buildings, airports etc have someone at the entrance to check incoming and offering sanitizer on entry.

Some supermarkets also sanitize the trolly before you take it.

• Like 1

We are all looking at Germany with jealousy and it shows what a difference good government can make.  They are in a good poition to remove a lot of the lockdown restrictions and Merkel has negociated with all 16 states a clause that should the virus spread again a lockdown will be re-applied. Their testing and tracing from the beginning has been done logically and they are now confident they know enough of where the virus is to reopen safely.

In contrast we haven`t yet hit the governments own target of 100,000 people tested in a day(tests posted out hurriedly don`t count for me).  

How can any business plan to re-open if they don`t know until Sunday what the plan (if any) is for the following day?

This government have got little right in this crisis being too slow to react and organise in the early stages and now it looks like being too hasty and unprepared to lift the lockdown. No wonder we have one of the worst death tallies in the world and yet Boris proclaims it a success, then again there are tales of people hallucinating in intensive care with this. 

46 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

They are facing alot of pressure from business leaders to restart the economy,many of whom are very generous Tory party donors.

Letting all the Tory party donors to restart the economy sounds a sensible approach.Their companies are where the biggest workforces are.Oh wait a minute,one of Stoke’s biggest employers is a Labour supporter.You are the reason car usage has gone up ?3 supermarkets,a takeaway and booze shop.STAY HOME,STAY OFF OVF,HELP THE NHS,SAVE US.

13 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

We are all looking at Germany with jealousy and it shows what a difference good government can make.  They are in a good poition to remove a lot of the lockdown restrictions and Merkel has negociated with all 16 states a clause that should the virus spread again a lockdown will be re-applied. Their testing and tracing from the beginning has been done logically and they are now confident they know enough of where the virus is to reopen safely.

In contrast we haven`t yet hit the governments own target of 100,000 people tested in a day(tests posted out hurriedly don`t count for me).  

How can any business plan to re-open if they don`t know until Sunday what the plan (if any) is for the following day?

This government have got little right in this crisis being too slow to react and organise in the early stages and now it looks like being too hasty and unprepared to lift the lockdown. No wonder we have one of the worst death tallies in the world and yet Boris proclaims it a success, then again there are tales of people hallucinating in intensive care with this. 

Thank you Dr. Rob.

Germany don’t hit their target of 200,000 a day either. Comparing to other European countries we don’t do badly on testing, 5th in Europe. Germany have a population nearly 25% bigger than the U.K. and a hell of a lot of the early testing they did was in accurate.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109066/coronavirus-testing-in-europe-by-country/

Edited by philpvfc
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

Death numbers can give a false sence of security and failure, it may give an indication if the numbers are accurate and counted in exactly the same way.... it's unlikely they are.

Have they made mistakes?..... I'm sure they have, I'm sure every government has.... it's difficult to judge unless you know the advice they were given, in detail, by the "experts".

It's odd that people just accept what a foreign government states but doubt what their own government states...... they are all, after all, politicians.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, valiant said:

Stay Safe Valiants.

With Sturgeon (as always) wanting to do things her way I’d give the English stats only.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

They are facing alot of pressure from business leaders to restart the economy,many of whom are very generous Tory party donors.

The alternative is to let the economy collapse completely....... I'm sure there are plenty of rat's to eat and doorways to sleep in.

It's a balancing act I don't envy...... keep the restrictions to save the NHS..... keep them to long and no funds for the NHS .... end restrictions to early and get a second wave to threaten the NHS.... bearing in mind the NHS won't be the only thing to suffer severe damage if the economy collapses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Jealous of Germany? **** ***.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Ironic that we are looking at other governments with envy and yet just a few months ago some of you were adamant that we were better off without them holding us back.

You may be looking on in envy...... I'm certainly not

• Thanks 2

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

The point is Geo, the decision to ease the pretend lockdown will be made to pacify the tory party donors and not for the good of the UK.

You may think that mate I couldn't possibly comment 😊

29 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

Germany don’t hit their target of 200,000 a day either. Comparing to other European countries we don’t do badly on testing, 5th in Europe. Germany have a population nearly 25% bigger than the U.K. and a hell of a lot of the early testing they did was in accurate.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109066/coronavirus-testing-in-europe-by-country/

Have Germany stopped testing now? The 2.5 million figure has been on the worldometer stats site for weeks.

24 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Ironic that we are looking at other governments with envy and yet just a few months ago some of you were adamant that we were better off without them holding us back.

Er no.

• Haha 1