Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

8 minutes ago, geosname said:

It's a hell of a conspiracy theory..... NHS,  press and many others conspiring to mislead the public to gain sympathy? for the leader of a party the NHS and press don't particularly like......

Even on a sunny day, like today, that would put the ‘grassy knoll’ in the shade.

3 hours ago, Regal Beagle said:

Weird because we officially locked down 1 whole day after Germany although our Government had been advising social distancing for over a week before that.

Sweden didn't lock down at all. Australia and NZ can control their borders much more efficiently than we can.

Quite a poor taste pop at a PM who was in intensive care a matter of weeks ago.

Ours hasn't been a well enforced lockdown though either has it? Government and police weak as usual in enforcing it. It has been a leaky lockdown at best. 

2 hours ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Do you really believe he was that ill , on deaths door one day . 2days later addressing the nation unaided 

Yes i do believe he was ill considering he was shaking hands with people who had it.

Advert:

1 hour ago, WV said:

Ours hasn't been a well enforced lockdown though either has it? Government and police weak as usual in enforcing it. It has been a leaky lockdown at best. 

Hasn't it?

We don't live in an authoritarian country run by dictators, whatever the lefties would have us believe.

Are you basing this on anything or it's just a factless assertion?

Maybe we should be more like Russia and start pushing people out of windows if they don't do as they're supposed.

53 minutes ago, ginge said:

Yes i do believe he was ill considering he was shaking hands with people who had it.

What if they were liars though?

Do we know if they voted tory in 2019? Obviously we can't trust the NHS anymore if they're in on this too.

7 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Do we know if they voted tory in 2019? Obviously we can't trust the NHS anymore if they're in on this too.

Boris said himself he was shaking hands with everyone at the hospital which had coronavirus patients in it. Does it matter who voted what in all of this? 

• Like 1

Advert:

51 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

You really are losing it now. 30000 deaths record number of cases 649 deaths today. And what do you ask, did they vote Tory, can we trust the NHS. As you can see people are now seriously asking the question can we trust Johnson?

Anyone know today’s testing figure?

Achieving the 100k a day target on one or two days allowing a lot of smug slapping oneself on the back is one thing... but it needs to be maintained.

I really hope this wasn’t a one off, send some tests by post to boost the numbers so we can say we hit the target tactic.

Does it matter?, if there is a need to test 100,000 a day it should be done but if there isn’t 100,000 requesting to be tested every day then there is no point fudging figures just to hit a target. I think they should focus on everyone who requires a test gets a test and issue figures for those not able to get tested and work on getting those numbers down to zero. More kits needed to be posted out IMO with the view of getting results back.

• Like 1

Advert:

9 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

More and more should use the postal system which is a lower risk and encourage more to get themselves tested but they have to be encouraged to share their results. 

Is it a concern that people don’t know how to do the test properly if it’s posted to them.

I have friends in Australia who have both been tested twice as one is a nurse and the other is her partner.

On the first test one of them received the person administering it used the phrase “I apologise for this, but if I don’t make your eyes water and you don’t hate me after this, I’m not doing it right”.... he then described having the swab push up his nose and what felt like into his brain!!

Are people really knowledgable or capable enough to push through that feeling?

That said, I’m not sure if it’s the same test but I think it is... anyone on here had one?