Coronavirus

robf

7 hours ago, JRC said:

London School of Economics released a report on 18 April. They estimated that about 43% of Italian and 57% of Spanish deaths have occured in care homes. There is a leaked Spanish government study estimating 57% of deaths in care home, which if true will increase Spains figures by 30000. 

I'm sure we will never know the true figures. I know Egypt has had a spike in deaths on a scale which bears no relation to their reported numbers. If anyone believes their numbers it would be a good summer holiday destination this year. I'll be giving it a wide berth. I'm sure we'll have more accurate estimates in a couple of years.

I meant paternity testing to see how many children Boris actually has!

Advert:

Thankyou to the OVF medical /scientific teams for their input.EVERY country has made mistakes.Do you want the death tolls to go up so you can carry on with your gloating ‘,I told you so’  ,we’re top of the league attitudes?NOBODY on here knew what was the best way forward,.If you did, you kept it to yourself.How about this possible scenario?We did what Sweden did,no real lockdown,and the death toll was now 100,000.People were creaming themselves over their model.We keep getting the important stats daily,the virus is past the peak.Thats in less than 6 weeks.Every death is a tragedy, I know people who have died.Please can we have some more positivity.Hands up who would like to be PM at this time?BTW that Ashworth ***** makes my arse laugh.” I’m not having a go but......”Stay safe.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Don't think it's the time for joking, 693 died today, absolutely shocking figures. This is a catastrophe and deserves better attention and leadership.

I see you didn’t say anything about the 2 previous days,TT.The 693 includes some late weekend figures.Stay safe.🌈

Advert:

1 hour ago, Howjy04 said:

I see you didn’t say anything about the 2 previous days,TT.The 693 includes some late weekend figures.Stay safe.🌈

The actions of the leadership have not changed, I don't want to post on here daily, unlike the Blue happy clappers on here, I am a former Tory, I have admired many leaders of the Conservative, not Johnson though. It is apparent now Howjy the shortfalls in the Governments response, I have been consistent throughout this crisis, I would welcome good news, sadly there is very very little. Unlike Johnsons band of brothers who hide away when the going gets tough.

52 minutes ago, bycars rob said:

Does anybody know why we are apparently spending £250 m on the app to track our movement whilst almost every other country is using the joint apple/ google one?

Because  we are exceptional.  

8 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Because  we are exceptional.  

Isn't that the reason why we are where we are?

The Google-Apple one appears to be the best way to go, for all kinds of reasons. They own the operating systems. They don't allow data to be stored centrally, as the UK app does. Their app can be used across borders globally. Ours is restricted to the UK only. What happens on the Irish border? Or if you travel abroad? 

Advert:

4 hours ago, Howjy04 said:

Oh, that's just dandy then. 

18 hours ago, tommytunstall said:

Just watching for a moment the Coronavirus update on BBC. Raab is trotting out the normal spiel, i.e. We are grateful to the British public and the efforts of the NHS that aside it has been a truly shambolic effort by the Government, apparently Johnson is turning his attention to trade deals with the US. The casualties and deaths for the UK are the worst in Europe. Suggest they concentrate on sorting this Virus mess out.

No they aren't.

Based on Covid-19 deaths per million of population we are fourth behind Belgium,Italy and Spain.

7 minutes ago, For Us All said:

No they aren't.

Based on Covid-19 deaths per million of population we are fourth behind Belgium,Italy and Spain.

It is not the Eurovision Song Contest, we kicked off late knew the score and let in 20, 000 infected and quarantined less than a 1000.

13 hours ago, TheSage said:

VA, the main aim of the exercise is to save lives. It's not to ensure that the NHS has enough capacity. That's a means to an end.

Your idea of a 'great outcome' and 'doing well' is not the same as mine.  

32,000 and pushing upwards is truly appalling.

Countries like New Zealand, South Korea, Australia, Taiwan and Germany (to a degree) all did what we should have done. Tested, traced and isolated immediately, locked down very quickly, and controlled their borders. In other words, they tried to squash the curve dead and not just flatten it. 

Why didn't we do what they've done?

We had several weeks start on Italy and are supposedly one of the world's most advanced countries. 

It probably helps when you have intelligent, responsible leadership rather than a PM who was on holiday for half the time.

Weird because we officially locked down 1 whole day after Germany although our Government had been advising social distancing for over a week before that.

Sweden didn't lock down at all. Australia and NZ can control their borders much more efficiently than we can.

Quite a poor taste pop at a PM who was in intensive care a matter of weeks ago.

54 minutes ago, Regal Beagle said:

Weird because we officially locked down 1 whole day after Germany although our Government had been advising social distancing for over a week before that.

Sweden didn't lock down at all. Australia and NZ can control their borders much more efficiently than we can.

Quite a poor taste pop at a PM who was in intensive care a matter of weeks ago.

Do you really believe he was that ill , on deaths door one day . 2days later addressing the nation unaided 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Do you really believe he was that ill , on deaths door one day . 2days later addressing the nation unaided 

It seems probable..... unless you think doctors and nurses were lying and using valuable equipment needlessly.