Clearly it's something to be very concerned about. But the media doesn't help - They love nothing more than scare-mongering. 

I think China owes the rest of the world an apology. The general hygiene standards over there is absolutely appalling, and it's hardly a surprise the virus' origin is from that part of the world. 

• Like 2

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi all, An announcement from OVF Towers... this evening I will be putting a few things in place to hopefully help some users out during the pandemic,  particularly during the self-isolation perio

I am a law abiding citizen. I have never even had a parking ticket and I am in my 60th year. I accept that the Government has had a very difficult job but they have made a complete horlicks of it. The

Just don’t understand the need for politics to become involved in this. It’s a world wide pandemic come what may. Let’s rally round together. Sadly impossible as too many keep trying to gain some form

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Clearly it's something to be very concerned about. But the media doesn't help - They love nothing more than scare-mongering. 

I think China owes the rest of the world an apology. The general hygiene standards over there is absolutely appalling, and it's hardly a surprise the virus' origin is from that part of the world. 

Agreed.......An apology is the very least they can do.

Created a world wide problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

To be honest it would be pointless really, and far too little, too late. But something needs to be done and changed.

One of my best mates is Chinese and even she has told me in the past she hates going back to stay with family because of the major lack of any hygiene standards over there! For such an intelligent race you think it would be the opposite if anything.

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Seriously?  Whilst we are at it can we get an apology from Africa for AIDS?  Ffs...  

• Like 1

According to official government figures, as of 9am this morning the number of confirmed cases in Stoke On Trent was, err, none. Even in Staffordshire as a whole the figure was only four.

Who knows how all this will turn out, but the current hysteria is driving me crackers.

At the end of the day, we’re all going to die from something. And it’s highly unlikely to be from coronavirus. 

47 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Seriously?  Whilst we are at it can we get an apology from Africa for AIDS?  Ffs...  

If you went to a restaurant and got food poisoning because of horrid hygiene practise, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pat them on the back and say thank you very much...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If you went to a restaurant and got food poisoning because of horrid hygiene practise, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pat them on the back and say thank you very much...

Yeah but if you got food poisoning off Nando's you wouldn't expect an apology off Portugal. Or Brazil or wherever it comes from.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

According to official government figures, as of 9am this morning the number of confirmed cases in Stoke On Trent was, err, none. Even in Staffordshire as a whole the figure was only four.

Who knows how all this will turn out, but the current hysteria is driving me crackers.

At the end of the day, we’re all going to die from something. And it’s highly unlikely to be from coronavirus. 

I've gone to work in two coronavirus free countries this year and left requiring quarantine 2 or 3 weeks later. I'm not a doctor but this illness seems to suddenly just sky rocket. I don't know the answers but it's startling how quickly this virus can grip a country or region and complacency probably isn't the answer. People need to think and plan what would happen in their own communities because this thing hits so quickly health services end up just reacting and don't have time to plan if it does arrive. I can't see the UK doing what China did in Wuhan, building two 1000 bed hospitals in a week. I hope it doesn't hit my home town because I don't want friends and family to experience the disruption to life I've seen in the Far and Middle East. Life needs to go on but that doesn't need it should be ignored.

I think my issue with all this is yes, it spreads and its obviously a public health  concern. But are we anymore concerned about it than many other strains of flu?

I'd understand it if it was a deadly disease like cholera or something but the numbers just do not stack up to that.

In the uk, you have to go to the 6th decimal place before you get the percentage of the population who've caught it 

Of that number, 2% have died.

Of that 2% all have had serious underlying problems, so any virus would have been a danger.

So why the mass hysteria about this one?

They're saying we'll have a vaccine in 6 months and we'll probably never see it again.

I agree we need to be mindful but, yet again, common sense (like basic hygiene) should sort this out.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, TylerB said:

What a pathetic argument.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

Correct.

1 hour ago, eh up nah said:

I think my issue with all this is yes, it spreads and its obviously a public health  concern. But are we anymore concerned about it than many other strains of flu?

I'd understand it if it was a deadly disease like cholera or something but the numbers just do not stack up to that.

In the uk, you have to go to the 6th decimal place before you get the percentage of the population who've caught it 

Of that number, 2% have died.

Of that 2% all have had serious underlying problems, so any virus would have been a danger.

So why the mass hysteria about this one?

They're saying we'll have a vaccine in 6 months and we'll probably never see it again.

I agree we need to be mindful but, yet again, common sense (like basic hygiene) should sort this 

Its not flu. 

It is a deadly disease. 

When your mum is vulnerable you would worry. 

Your comment or mine will look stupid in a few months time. Lets hope its mine. 

• Thanks 1

I don't think a country like Italy would shut down if this was anything like flu.

Also, China only got a grip on it when they started removing and quarantining people by force, even then, when that period ends then this is highly likely to flare up again.

I really fear this is going to be quite bad if you count for all the knock on effects to healthcare and the economy but then again there's not much the Government can do.

22 minutes ago, WV said:

Its not flu. 

It is a deadly disease. 

If Flu isnt a deadly disease then COVID-19 certainly isnt.

Covid-19 world wide deaths 4000

Flu Deaths 291,000 to 646,000 

The Coronavirus will likely kill more than Flu in its first year due to lack of immunity.  However, it is ONLY killing people with underlying conditions, much like flu.

It's not a deadly disease, that implies that if you catch it you are at severe risk of death.

• Confused 1

• robf locked this topic
  • robf unlocked this topic