robf

Coronavirus

17 hours ago, Mario said:

Anybody saying that this Virus is something or nothing and will blow over might want to think again after watching News at Ten.

Italy in total lock down,I cant imagine Britain in total lock down, there are large numbers of people who hate and despise being told what to do so they will probably exercise their right to free movement.

The stock market is going south, business is going to have a hell of a fight on it's hands.

Advice to self contain for 14 days will be taken advantage of and some with the virus will carry on as normal,so that will cause chaos.

How will the already emergency services cope if say 15% of the staff are off work ?

Who will police the restrictions ?

Very worrying times.......

If the worst case scenario occurs the Army will be on the streets. And they will be armed. I'd like to see someone arguing their right to free movement in the event.

30 minutes ago, Heatwave said:

If the worst case scenario occurs the Army will be on the streets. And they will be armed. I'd like to see someone arguing their right to free movement in the event.

Who protects us from the army carrying the virus?

Have the conspiricy theories started yet?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Heatwave said:

That's one way to boost the death figures

• Haha 1

It's going to spread, some people will be mildly ill,  some people will be very ill and some people will die.  However, tracking every story on the internet and scaremongering causing mass hysteria wont do anything to help.  Somebody on twitter says it's not right so let's all panic...  ffs.  Get a grip folks.

More people will die of cancer this year.  More men in there 40s will commit suicide and more people with underlying illness who have REFUSED the flu jab have died of flu.

It's like the media are whipping the people into a frenzy and trying to force the government into over reacting to give them even more to report.  We should have a bloody media lockdown.

It's one thing locking down somewhere like China who run roughshod over human rights and will enforce it very heavy handily however westerners wont have it.  If you think I am sitting in my pants for 2 weeks if I sneeze a few times you are very much mistaken.

• Thanks 3

On the football front one of the proposals in crisis hit Italy is that all teams current position may be the final position. If we follow the dire situation over there we could do with a couple of good wins as God knows when things here are called to a halt?

Clearly it's something to be very concerned about. But the media doesn't help - They love nothing more than scare-mongering. 

I think China owes the rest of the world an apology. The general hygiene standards over there is absolutely appalling, and it's hardly a surprise the virus' origin is from that part of the world. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Clearly it's something to be very concerned about. But the media doesn't help - They love nothing more than scare-mongering. 

I think China owes the rest of the world an apology. The general hygiene standards over there is absolutely appalling, and it's hardly a surprise the virus' origin is from that part of the world. 

Agreed.......An apology is the very least they can do.

Created a world wide problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mario said:

To be honest it would be pointless really, and far too little, too late. But something needs to be done and changed.

One of my best mates is Chinese and even she has told me in the past she hates going back to stay with family because of the major lack of any hygiene standards over there! For such an intelligent race you think it would be the opposite if anything.

1 hour ago, Mario said:

Seriously?  Whilst we are at it can we get an apology from Africa for AIDS?  Ffs...  

• Like 1

According to official government figures, as of 9am this morning the number of confirmed cases in Stoke On Trent was, err, none. Even in Staffordshire as a whole the figure was only four.

Who knows how all this will turn out, but the current hysteria is driving me crackers.

At the end of the day, we’re all going to die from something. And it’s highly unlikely to be from coronavirus. 

47 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Seriously?  Whilst we are at it can we get an apology from Africa for AIDS?  Ffs...  

If you went to a restaurant and got food poisoning because of horrid hygiene practise, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pat them on the back and say thank you very much...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If you went to a restaurant and got food poisoning because of horrid hygiene practise, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't pat them on the back and say thank you very much...

Yeah but if you got food poisoning off Nando's you wouldn't expect an apology off Portugal. Or Brazil or wherever it comes from.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

For such an intelligent race you think it would be the opposite if anything.

CharmingWhirlwindBongo-size_restricted.g

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RailwayRowdy said:

According to official government figures, as of 9am this morning the number of confirmed cases in Stoke On Trent was, err, none. Even in Staffordshire as a whole the figure was only four.

Who knows how all this will turn out, but the current hysteria is driving me crackers.

At the end of the day, we’re all going to die from something. And it’s highly unlikely to be from coronavirus. 

I've gone to work in two coronavirus free countries this year and left requiring quarantine 2 or 3 weeks later. I'm not a doctor but this illness seems to suddenly just sky rocket. I don't know the answers but it's startling how quickly this virus can grip a country or region and complacency probably isn't the answer. People need to think and plan what would happen in their own communities because this thing hits so quickly health services end up just reacting and don't have time to plan if it does arrive. I can't see the UK doing what China did in Wuhan, building two 1000 bed hospitals in a week. I hope it doesn't hit my home town because I don't want friends and family to experience the disruption to life I've seen in the Far and Middle East. Life needs to go on but that doesn't need it should be ignored.