Coronavirus

robf

More narrative changes from left wing media as they begin to start considering the truth for once.

CNN are shockingly reporting that hospital numbers might be inflated by counting those who are being treated for non-covid ailments but have tested positive, the most embarrassing part was the head wobbles as they tried to claim they've held this view all along.

The good ship covid is taking on water. Fast.
Well knock me down with a feather....

They've also started talking about how previous colds provide T cell immunity from Covid, hence not everyone has ever been susceptible to catch it. This was something the 'wrong ' scientists and 'conspiracy theorists ' were saying nearly 2 years ago.

Massive backpedalling going on. Scientists claiming that they knew these things all along. In 10 years time I can guarantee that Whitty will claim that he always said it was a 'mild disease for most people ' and never suggested lockdown as a way to deal with things.

I notice I'm getting pelters on another thread. Tommy Tunstall, you've been very quiet since your tales of impending doom before Christmas didn't come to fruition. Presumably those that demanded more restrictions should publicly apologise and personally recompense all the businesses that lost trade through their loose words to the press? Presumably we will never again listen to modellers whom the government have finally realised have consistently been out with their predictions by an order of magnitude? I won't hold my breath.
  • Like 7

More water being taken on. Good ship Covid will be at the bottom of the ocean by February at this rate. The narrative is crumbling faster than a shortbread, as us 'conspiracy theorists ' said it would. This time from one of Israel's top immunologists. I have a feeling a lot of people are going to feel that they've been had. They won't admit it of course. Nobody likes to feel they've followed all the rules for no reason.

• Like 4

Unless China fully co-operates with an investigation then the origin of the initial virus may never be known and there appears little chance of that. They've been asked for hospital records of Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV) staff members, blood samples from WIV staff members, and access to WIV bat and virus samples, laboratory notebooks and hard drives but so far China has not complied with requests, it just blames the USA.

Really good analysis on masks, citing plenty of evidence. It really looks at the myths and how people have been misdirected into believing that they work. Fascinating, in spite of huge evidence to the contrary and very little quality evidence in support, that people still wear them religiously

11 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Really good analysis on masks, citing plenty of evidence. It really looks at the myths and how people have been misdirected into believing that they work. Fascinating, in spite of huge evidence to the contrary and very little quality evidence in support, that people still wear them religiously

Or people wear facemasks because it is the law?

Agreed, but should we just accept laws because they are so?

Equally, I see people wearing masks where it is not a legal requirement....why?
Symbol of solidarity? The Government can't be trusted. Quite a few countries wear masks in the flu season. Childhood diseases lower during the restrictions in the UK.

Symbol of solidarity? The Government can't be trusted. Quite a few countries wear masks in the flu season. Childhood diseases lower during the restrictions in the UK.
Just because they do doesn't mean they are effective.

The author of that piece actually touches on the fact that people without masks are viewed with suspicion or outcast.

I suspect childhood diseases reduced because they didn't mix together for a while.

7 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

The author of that piece actually touches on the fact that people without masks are viewed with suspicion or outcast.

I suspect childhood diseases reduced because they didn't mix together for a while.

People believe masks help to some extent.  Proper masks for hospital staff would have made a difference but the Govt wasted Billions on T&T.

30 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

People have been wearing masks here for a few years to combat polution, you were viewed as a little odd if you didn't. The pandemic changed that for people in the west considerably when people who didn't wear a mask were demonized by government advice, medical staff following "The science" and people in the know everything understand nothing category. Even if exempt they had to be worn or penalties were imposed.

1 hour ago, For Us All said:

If it was the law shouldn't owners be demanding that people wear masks instead of asking?

Demanding is difficult if you neither know or understand the rules.

Exemptions....... you do not have to carry/show/display anything to prove you are exempt. It is illegal to demand personal medical information, even the police can't do it even though they regularly do..