Coronavirus

robf

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

Presumably the members of SAGE will resign and beg for forgiveness after yet another dismal prediction fails to materialise. Disgraceful how they have ruined more livelihoods through their modelling.

Some on here believed them AGAIN.

It is a game of Russian Roulette at the moment Leeds. Who knows who has got it right? Time will only tell.  

It is a game of Russian Roulette at the moment Leeds. Who knows who has got it right? Time will only tell.  
They've already had to bin off two of their scenarios. They've been catastrophically wrong before on more than one occasion. Their models have been ripped apart by other experts. I agree that it could go either way but if I was a betting man....

Advert:

15 minutes ago, FriedRice said:

Same principal as going to a GP I just assume it but never had a issue with masks or felt my liberty was being sabotaged and its only me in the house so its never been a problem for me like it is for other people.

Looks as if people believe the experts and have stayed away from the sales and pubs.  Modelling is not forecasting.

Been the same for the last two years,  no balance,  no questions and the belief in the Scientist's, ( not the Science), a Ministry of Propaganda perpetuated by a compliant Media whipping up hysteria 
At last we are having some questions 
It is the lack of proper government that is to blame. Too little too late.

Advert:

22 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, KEV.WILLIE said:
Been the same for the last two years,  no balance,  no questions and the belief in the Scientist's, ( not the Science), a Ministry of Propaganda perpetuated by a compliant Media whipping up hysteria 
At last we are having some questions 

It is the lack of proper government that is to blame. Too little too late.

And very weak opposition imo, 

Finally we're starting to look hospitalizations, serious illness and deaths as the key stats.

Case numbers are irrelevant if people aren't in hospital. 

This variant is pretty much a cold.  In fact the thought of people even having to isolate over this one genuinely makes me feel angry.  I had it just before Christmas (if lateral flows are to be believed) and passed it to two others before I could help it.

Highly contagious, yes, but definitely nothing more than a cold.

A lockdown over this one would be an embarrassment. 

Advert:

10 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:
11 hours ago, FriedRice said:
Same principal as going to a GP I just assume it but never had a issue with masks or felt my liberty was being sabotaged and its only me in the house so its never been a problem for me like it is for other people.

Fair enough. Last time I went to a GP he googled my symptoms.

I often have to Google what use GPS are.

Somebody has to take responsibility and unfortunatly all the parties dont they blame anything and everyone but themselves but if your the goverment in power for the last 11 years the buck stops with you. Saying the opposition would be worse is pointless we dont know that we may as well say yeah the tories are bad but at least FriedRice,Bycarsbill and leedsvaliant are not in charge.
I agree. It's the party in charge that has to take responsibility but the opposition should be there to challenge. They seem to have just accepted government appointed scientists without seeking out further opinion and basically voted with them on every vote.

I have voted labour the last 3 elections. I believe in helping out those less fortunate and making sure everyone succeeds.

What labour are trying to do is show that they are the party who 'cares' and they believe their voters buy into that. What they have inadvertently done is support blunt force policies like lockdown (and indeed would have gone further with medieval policies if in power) and actually caused far more issues for the people they supposedly 'care' for. They, like the government, never deemed it prudent to speak to highly qualified, trained people who have called this out for what it is for over 2 years. They instead chose to follow a group of psychologists and some second rate medics who have been proven wrong time after time. They've used significant propoganda to hoodwink a terrified populace that they were facing the plague and now finally when people have started to wake up and might vote them out of their comfy existence that they start to question the modelling that is given to them. Too little, too late I'm afraid. I don't take satisfaction in telling the people that have started to wake up 'I told you so' but people's pathetic approach to mortality has really shone through over this past 2 years.

Once everyone understands that politicians do not care about the people it's easier to understand their choices.
  • Like 3

But Labour klaxon going off a lot on this thread too now 

I have voted labour the last 3 elections. I believe in helping out those less fortunate and making sure everyone succeeds.

First thing we agree on I think LV

Edited by WV
  • Like 1