Coronavirus

robf

5 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Morning 

I don’t normally watch the <ovf censored> but first day off work today I thought I’ll see what’s going on 

I’m the same mate I had 2 jabs then caught covid at the end of October was like a bad cold for 2/3 days strangely I only tested positive once I started getting better though so what do I do about the booster surely I still have natural immunity but I’m getting loads of texts asking me book my booster 

You can catch Covid more than once but you will have a natural immunity for a few months if had Covid. I would fully recommend getting the booster as not all Covid cases are the Omicron variety and we don’t know what’s around the corner.

• Like 1

Advert:

It's purely anecdotal but I can see the tide start to turn. Lots of people I've spoken to are in two minds about the booster, with most of the others saying they'll take this and no more.

The great news, as per Sajid Javid "we know two doses doesn't work, three does" so I'm sure this is the time it will all be over.

It's purely anecdotal but I can see the tide start to turn. Lots of people I've spoken to are in two minds about the booster, with most of the others saying they'll take this and no more.

The great news, as per Sajid Javid "we know two doses doesn't work, three does" so I'm sure this is the time it will all be over.

I don't want to become reliant on vaccines to the detriment of my immune system so I'm not going to be rushed into a booster. Feels like there's a big rush which doesn't sit well with me, like a fire sale.

I've never had annual shots for anything and don't really want to get into that cycle and I'm sure there are many others that feel the same.

Just been to the Mitchell Memorial for the panto. Really funny show and the actors gave their all but there was probably less than 30 people in there. What a shame for these people who have put their heart and soul into this.

All these scientists saying don't do this and don't do that has cowered the permanently terrified into submission. When these sorts of things go bump, they'll be the first to put on the faux sadness.

It's the same with people saying they won't go to the vale. That's fine if that's what you want but your actions will have a detrimental effect on the team and club due to your tiny risk of dying from Covid. With 3 boosters, unless you have a serious underlying health condition or are over 85, your chances of getting ill, nevermind dying, are virtually zero. I feel sorry for these people that they have been terrified so much.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I don't want to become reliant on vaccines to the detriment of my immune system so I'm not going to be rushed into a booster. Feels like there's a big rush which doesn't sit well with me, like a fire sale.

I've never had annual shots for anything and don't really want to get into that cycle and I'm sure there are many others that feel the same.

It will be a difficult sell for the smear merchants to label a few million double vaxxed people, as anti-vax now too which is good if it will cut that <ovf censored> out a bit.

Although they do have absolutely no shame.

Advert:

7 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

The problem is that with around 20% of the adult population not vaccinated this is what is spreading the current wave.  

That’s an untrue statement.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated people ARE spreading the virus.Vaccine reduces your risk of Covid and hospitalisation.

If only unvaccinated people where the issue we wouldn’t be throwing the kitchen sink at the booster program.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

It's the same with people saying they won't go to the vale. That's fine if that's what you want but your actions will have a detrimental effect on the team and club due to your tiny risk of dying from Covid. With 3 boosters, unless you have a serious underlying health condition or are over 85, your chances of getting ill, nevermind dying, are virtually zero. I feel sorry for these people that they have been terrified so much.

You accept that some Vale fans will then go home and mix with elderly/vulnerable relatives, who will be at a higher risk of dying? Some people aren't thinking purely about what will happen to them if they contract it, but the impact on those around them and the health system that will have to deal with it.

I will probably attend on Boxing Day if it's on, fwiw, but to label people making difficult decisions due to have a conscience for those around them as 'terrified' is wrong, as is to then guilt-trip them as it has a 'detrimental effect on the team and club'. Every Vale fan will be desperate to go.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

That’s an untrue statement.

Vaccinated and unvaccinated people ARE spreading the virus.Vaccine reduces your risk of Covid and hospitalisation.

If only unvaccinated people where the issue we wouldn’t be throwing the kitchen sink at the booster program.

Yes but the majority of hospital cases are the unvaccinated. The selfishness of those are making others and the NHS suffer

You accept that some Vale fans will then go home and mix with elderly/vulnerable relatives, who will be at a higher risk of dying? Some people aren't thinking purely about what will happen to them if they contract it, but the impact on those around them and the health system that will have to deal with it.
I will probably attend on Boxing Day if it's on, fwiw, but to label people making difficult decisions due to have a conscience for those around them as 'terrified' is wrong, as is to then guilt-trip them as it has a 'detrimental effect on the team and club'. Every Vale fan will be desperate to go.
As I said,it's individual circumstances and I understand those that have vulnerable people at home but even then some people misunderstand the risks to even vulnerable people. However, many are choosing not to attend through fear for themselves.

If this is circulating forever and people have ultimate protection through vaccines and natural immunity and we are also encountering less dangerous strains then at what point do people not become 'scared '? It's as though people have only just discovered that you actually die.

Whichever way you look at it, even with government support, this is still going to put lots of businesses out of business. It's not guilt tripping it's just facts. Our response to this all has been madness and will create problems for many years. Long after Covid is just another chapter in history.

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, leedsvaliant said:

As I said,it's individual circumstances and I understand those that have vulnerable people at home but even then some people misunderstand the risks to even vulnerable people. However, many are choosing not to attend through fear for themselves.

Caution is not fear. A calculated decision. I'm not scared, if it takes me out so it goes. Depends on individuals' circumstances. If I was a single bloke or just a couple I'd be down there (well if I could). But if I'm a family man mixing with  a lot of  family later, some of whom are otherwise not so great health wise. I would think twice about it at this time.

Edited by toyahw
  • Like 1

Caution is not fear. A calculated decision. I'm not scared, if it takes me out so it goes. Depends on individuals' circumstances. If I was a single bloke or just a couple I'd be down there (well if I could). But if I'm a family man mixing with  a lot of  family later, some of whom are otherwise not so great health wise. I would think twice about it at this time.
I think that's fair.